none
Cannot backup files get error code: Access is denied.(0x80070005)

Question

• Backups to HP Media Drive have stopped working. I get error message- Access is denied.(0x80070005).

O/S is Windows Vista Home Premium, Build 6002

Saturday, April 23, 2011 3:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please disable your security software and try again.

In case it is due to conflict with certain software running background, it is suggested prepare clean boot and backup in this mode.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please disable your security software and try again.

In case it is due to conflict with certain software running background, it is suggested prepare clean boot and backup in this mode.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:37 AM
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear this helped. I would appreciate if you can tell us which security program is installed so that other forum members will be aware of this issue. Your time and effort is appreciated.

Regards,

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:20 AM