none
iTunes wont install

Question

• I'm having trouble loading/installing the iTunes application with the latest Windows 7 release. I keep getting this message " <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 415 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} @font-face {font-family:"Century Gothic"; panose-1:2 11 5 2 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Century Gothic","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:"Century Gothic"; mso-hansi-font-family:"Century Gothic"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; color:windowtext; font-weight:normal; font-style:normal;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

I've tried downloading the from different sources and to different directories but always the same pop-up. I made sure that it is a 32bit version and fully functional according to Apple.

Help!
    Wednesday, September 09, 2009 6:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The error occurs before the installation process started. Thus we should first confirm the packege we got is downloaded completely.

Here is the downloading link of Apple:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

The file version is 9.0.0.70. Please re-download it to Drive C and check the size of the downloaded file. I tried to download it and the size on my side is 88.7 MB (93,107,496 bytes).

Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:09 AM
  • Creating a new profile and then installing the application worked! I don't understand why, but thank you for your help!
    Friday, September 11, 2009 6:41 PM

All replies

• one - Maybe you should try re-downloading the package.

Or you could create a new profile/ user and from that try to install the application. Do restarts in between logging off from one user to another.

Is your windows 7 32 bit? I have Itunes 64 on my windows 7x64.

Also try to remove any services from startup  with msconfig before you install Itunes. Or just try killing the processes with process explorer from sysinternals.
    Wednesday, September 09, 2009 8:10 PM
  • Hello,

try to re-download the installer (latest version 9.0), avoid the use of any download manager and use a different location in your HD for the download.

G'luck.
    If it was helpful, please vote! · · ¡Si te ayudó, por favor vota!
    W7 RTM x64 running along with Office 2010 x64 TP
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:02 AM
  • Hi,

The error occurs before the installation process started. Thus we should first confirm the packege we got is downloaded completely.

Here is the downloading link of Apple:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

The file version is 9.0.0.70. Please re-download it to Drive C and check the size of the downloaded file. I tried to download it and the size on my side is 88.7 MB (93,107,496 bytes).

Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:09 AM
  • I'm having trouble loading/installing the iTunes application with the latest Windows 7 release. I keep getting this message " <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 415 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} @font-face {font-family:"Century Gothic"; panose-1:2 11 5 2 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Century Gothic","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:"Century Gothic"; mso-hansi-font-family:"Century Gothic"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; color:windowtext; font-weight:normal; font-style:normal;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

I've tried downloading the from different sources and to different directories but always the same pop-up. I made sure that it is a 32bit version and fully functional according to Apple.

Help!

I-Tunes won't install sounds like a feature to me :) (Sorry not an apple I-tunes fan)
    I would suggest trying the install as admin or using the compatability mode. I can't be of much real help I am proud to say I have NO apple software on my win7 system.
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 2:18 PM
  • Creating a new profile and then installing the application worked! I don't understand why, but thank you for your help!
    Friday, September 11, 2009 6:41 PM