none
On-Screen Keyboard and Custom Keyboard Layouts RRS feed

• Question

• My custom keyboard layout, created in Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator (v.4.1), is not properly supported by the On-Screen Keyboard. Namely, it doesn't show the AltGr key, only two Alt keys. When I press AltGr, it doesn't show the special characters, so I can't insert them using the On-Screen keyboard.

The layout is based on US International, but the "dead keys" are disabled so that they don't get activated accidentally. AltGr combinations are left intact and they type properly from the physical keyboard. The problem is only with the On-Screen Keyboard.

Basically, I need the On-Screen Keyboard only for the reference, just as a reminder of how particular symbols are typed, so it's really not a big problem, but a solution would still be great. If nothing else, for educational purpose.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 3:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I assume that this layout which you are using can not be supported by the On-Screen Keyboard.

The following link for your reference.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/alt-gr-keys-HP005259063.aspx

Which layout did you use?

I already tried French layout, but it worked properly.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:15 AM