none
Planar PX2230MW Touchscreen RRS feed

• Question

• My monitor mysteriously has quit functioning as a touchsceen in Windows 8 pro after working for the first month. I have changed cables, installed the drivers in campatability mode, reinstalled Windows 8 Pro twice, deleted the drivers and reinstalled the drivers twice but after all that all I have is a standard monitor. I tested the monitor with a windows 7 laptop and it functions perfectly so it is not the monitor. I first emailed Planar support and they gave me suggestions to try the things I already tried so when I told them that they said to call. When I called and talked to support and told him what I had tried he had no other ideas. He even asked me to let them know if I figure out how to get the monitor to function again. The only thing that appears strange is that windows device manager says I have a generic PnP monitor but my nvidia control panel idenitfies it as the PlanarPX2230MW. Under Human Interface Devices it says I have an Optical Touch Screen along with 3 other HID compliant devices with one of them being a HID consumer contorl device.
    Monday, March 25, 2013 1:02 AM

Answers

• I would go into device manager and try to update the drivers for the monitor listed by directing it to the inf file that is either in the directory of the software on the C drive or on the software cd/dvd. If you browse the software cd/dvd you may find the folder with the file in it. Should be in a file with a name something like inf64. If you find the folder I'd copy and paste it to the desktop then go in and see if you can update the drivers by pointing it at that file.

Monday, March 25, 2013 3:19 AM

All replies

• I would go into device manager and try to update the drivers for the monitor listed by directing it to the inf file that is either in the directory of the software on the C drive or on the software cd/dvd. If you browse the software cd/dvd you may find the folder with the file in it. Should be in a file with a name something like inf64. If you find the folder I'd copy and paste it to the desktop then go in and see if you can update the drivers by pointing it at that file.

Monday, March 25, 2013 3:19 AM
  • You should have this fixed by now. But anyone else checking out this. Check the USB cable.
    Saturday, July 20, 2013 12:02 AM
  • It seems so easy but this is what fixed my issue.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 7:22 PM
  • I'm using   Widows 10.

Touch worked at the beginning but sometimes doesn't and recently No.

Tried to update driver thru Devise manager but couldn't.

Someone told it works with Tablet mode on Windows 8.

Since I read this and Now Touch works on Windows 10. 

"Change to Tablet Mode at System"

Good Luck

• Edited by Chang Bae Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:59 PM
    Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:35 PM