none
The module "initpki.dll" failed to load. // 100 % cpu RRS feed

• Question

• I followed the instructions to re-register several .dlls:

regsvr32 Softpub.dll
    regsvr32 Wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 Initpki.dll

but everytime i do the last command i get the error code ( no matter if i run CMD on safemode or as administrator) The module "initpki.dll" failed to load. 
    Make sure the binary is stored at the specific path or debug to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. 
    The specified module could not be found.

how could i fix this error?

Do you guys also think that this missing .dll + 1 important uninstalled windows update can cause my high cpu usage?

i got all other drivers up to date and i have done virus + malware + sfc scans 

Saturday, March 9, 2019 12:08 AM

All replies

• Not sure if this is 32 bit or 64 bit but

Note On a 64-bit version of Windows operating system, there are two versions of the Regsv32.exe file:
    • The 64-bit version is %systemroot%\System32\regsvr32.exe.
    • The 32-bit version is %systemroot%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe.

If you are running 64 bit you might get that because you need to register it under syswow64

%systemroot%\SysWoW64\regsvr32 <full path of the DLL>

so I would just nuke the problem and run something like the following for each of them

regsvr32 /s c:\windows\syswow64\softpub.dll

regsvr32 /s c:\windows\system32\softpub.dll

on each of them and see if that resolves it for you. 

Thomas Faherty

• Proposed as answer by Kiodos Saturday, March 9, 2019 12:16 AM
    Saturday, March 9, 2019 12:16 AM
  • I followed the instructions to re-register several .dlls:

regsvr32 Softpub.dll
    regsvr32 Wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 Initpki.dll

but everytime i do the last command i get the error code ( no matter if i run CMD on safemode or as administrator) The module "initpki.dll" failed to load. 
    Make sure the binary is stored at the specific path or debug to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. 
    The specified module could not be found.

how could i fix this error?

Do you guys also think that this missing .dll + 1 important uninstalled windows update can cause my high cpu usage?

i got all other drivers up to date and i have done virus + malware + sfc scans 

Greetings!

If you are in need of restoring three DLL files, and especially those concerning security check and integrity, then it will be a bit more complicated than you thought.

"Microsoft Trust" is the security, checksum, and more, service for many windows operations, including integrity control of any file you download. Windows protects operations on its dependencies.

The latest Windows 7 revision of WinTrust.dll is "6.1.7601.23971", it's for your information only because it is related with Crypt32 and other important services.

Usually, Windows does a real-time protection on those dependencies

I do not have initpki.dll on my computer working on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits

If you were to have problems on Microsoft Trust API, many programs including web browser and Windows Update would warn you about an error on it.

Saturday, March 9, 2019 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

Have we made any modifications to the machine before?

Please check the following article about How to use the Regsvr32 tool and troubleshoot Regsvr32 error messages: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/249873/how-to-use-the-regsvr32-tool-and-troubleshoot-regsvr32-error-messages

To troubleshooting CPU high issue, we need to use the task manager and process explorer to confirm the process/application causing high CPU. 

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 11, 2019 6:35 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.   

Best regards,

Yilia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 29, 2019 2:23 AM