How to check-in a file to Sharepoint via a mapped webdav drive

• Hi all,

So I have successfully mounted a sharepoint doc lib as a drive with a  net use command... something like:

net use S: /user:dom\username

this is great for accessing stuff from the share that other people do; but whenever I create a file in there it goes into sharepointas checked out to me and no-one else can see it. What do I need to do to the file once I have created/updated it to make it check-in?

Been trying this on a number of OS's (Win7, 2003, 2008R2); Had to enable the desktop experience feature to get the mount on 2008R2 and never got it working on 2003 but even on win7 I have this issue with the check-in.

P.S. the end goal for me is to synch output from a number of scripts to sharepoint by using robocopy with the /mot flag to copy them to this sharepoint mount. So next problem might be checkout for update... but I'll setle for a check-in solution for now :)

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Your problem is related to another product. I think the best place for this question should be the following forums. 

If you have any feedback on our support, please clickhere

Juke Chou
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:24 AM
  • Hi Juke, I'll raise it there; but it isn't really a sharepoint issue. It's a Webdav mount issue. I am not using the sharepoint API I am using a windows web folder mount to a webdav drive. They may be able to help but this is an OS feature not a Sharepoint feature.

Friday, March 08, 2013 12:09 PM