none
Help with regsvr32 qmgr.dll and regsvr32 qugrprxy.dll

Question

• I have XP-Professional, spk 3

I am not sure which forum I should present this nor am I a computer whiz.  I just keep trying solutions.  I need something that works and is permanent.

I am getting error message related to updates.  I followed recommendations and couldn't go further than below as I could not find the files

regsvr32 qmgr.dll

regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Article ID: 883822 - Last Review: June 27, 2005 - Revision: 2.3

You receive a "The necessary services are disabled or unavailable" error message when you connect to the Microsoft Windows Update Web site or to the Microsoft Update Web site

SYMPTOMS
    When you try to connect to the Microsoft Windows Update Web site or to the Micro...

When you try to connect to the Microsoft Windows Update Web site or to the Microsoft Update Web site, you receive one of the following error messages:
    • The necessary services are disabled or unavailable. Error 0x80246007
    • The necessary services are disabled or unavailable. Error 0x80246008

CAUSE
    This problem occurs if the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is not...

This problem occurs if the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is not correctly registered on your computer.

RESOLUTION
    To resolve this problem, register the Qmgr.dll and Qmgrprxy.dll BITS files. To d...

To resolve this problem, register the Qmgr.dll and Qmgrprxy.dll BITS files. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 qmgr.dll in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Click OK.
    3. Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll in the Open box, and then click OK.
    4. Click OK.
    Monday, April 16, 2012 4:58 PM

Answers

I am not sure which forum I should present this nor am I a computer whiz.  I just keep trying solutions.  I need something that works and is permanent.

I am getting error message related to updates.  I followed recommendations and couldn't go further than below as I could not find the files

regsvr32 qmgr.dll

regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

You receive a "The necessary services are disabled or unavailable" error message when you connect to the Microsoft Windows Update Web site or to the Microsoft Update Web site

SYMPTOMS
    When you try to connect to the Microsoft Windows Update Web site or to the Micro...

When you try to connect to the Microsoft Windows Update Web site or to the Microsoft Update Web site, you receive one of the following error messages:

CAUSE
    This problem occurs if the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is not...

This problem occurs if the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is not correctly registered on your computer.

RESOLUTION
    To resolve this problem, register the Qmgr.dll and Qmgrprxy.dll BITS files. To d...

To resolve this problem, register the Qmgr.dll and Qmgrprxy.dll BITS files. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 qmgr.dll in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. Click OK.
    3. Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll in the Open box, and then click OK.
    4. Click OK.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 4:48 AM

All replies

• Alright so, what did you do?

Go to the Start Menu go to Run then in run type regsvr32 qmgr.dll then press enter. You don't have to find the files.

Plus go to Run type sfc /scannow

Monday, April 16, 2012 5:11 PM

regsvr32 qmgr.dll

regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

SYMPTOMS

CAUSE

RESOLUTION

2. Click OK.
    4. Click OK.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 4:48 AM