Still Not working RRS feed

• Question

• I am giving up with this win 7 ____. I have no other gadgets installed, i dosconnected my internet, I set my screen res to low, I have done everything and it will not bloody work.

I have not however, been asked for a product key at any time, neither have I been sent one by MS.

It is obvious to me that with all microsoft products..they just want to dump a load of ____ on the public.
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 2:32 PM

Answers

• gavmoulds:
    Win7 is, IMHO, not a steaming pile of fail.  I'm rather liking it myself.

To your (mostly rather vague) issues:
    <I have not however, been asked for a product key at any time, neither have I been sent one by MS.>
    How long ago did you install Win7?  What happens when you click 'activate Windows' in System Properties?
    As to not being sent a key:  MS didn't 'send product keys' to people.  You were provided a key by the download site.  If you didn't write it down, well.....
    And, yes, it does look, from your first post, that you 'aquired' Win7.  And, yes, many people do exactly that, and then come here for help.
    BTW, you can still get a key:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/beta-download.aspx
    :P

<My opinion is that it is completely ____ because it will not run no matter what I do.>
    Vague.  What won't run?  A program?  The OS itself?  Installation of the OS?
    If you're having installation or general running issues, got full and complete hardware specs?

To be completely blunt (because, well, I am):
    The others that posted in this thread were in no way abusive.  One said "need specifics", and two others wondered aloud as to where you got the OS from.  One stated that you got your product key on the downloads page, implying that you should have written it down.  That's it.
    Now, your posts in this thread (especially the second one) do border on (if not cross the line of) abusive.  Just MHO.

Maybe you want to continue exploring your issues in the help threads that you seem to state that you started, rather than firing off a half-cocked rant?

Finally, it's a beta.  That means 'not done yet.'  Also, being a beta, MS does assume that persons using it will have some technical ability, as well as the ability to clearly detail any issues that they are having with it. 
    Why?  The ability to troubleshoot, as well as the ability to detail issues (and, send feedback on them) are what the product team needs to finish the OS.

Just my $0.02,
    Chris
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    • Proposed as answer by DarienHawk67 Monday, February 23, 2009 12:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Monday, February 23, 2009 6:24 AM
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 10:23 PM

All replies

• The Product key was on the page where you downloaded it.
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 12:36 AM
  •  

He probably did not download it from the official download site.  Hence, no key.  He or she also has no clue.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 12:44 AM
  • I thought that myself but wanted to give him the benefit of doubt.
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 12:48 AM
  • Correct me if I am wrong...and I am sure that you will. But isnt there a clear usage policy in here of being helpful and not abusive or otherwise. And that includes your little friends in here.

My opinion is that it is completely ____ because it will not run no matter what I do.

I have spent the past three weeks in these forums and others yet so far even MS cannot come up with any kind of sensible answer.

Only an idiot will ASSUME that I downloaded it elsewhere. If I did that then why would I be in here asking questions.

Thee fact that I have not been asked for a key is surely a fairly big clue to anyone who actually knows what they are talking about.

One of your fine colleagues even suggested that my monmitor was 'way out' well jesus that surely is far too technical for me.

Oh sorry...wasnt there a clue in the forum name..'technet'. But then one shouldnt ASSUME should one.

GROW UP CHILDREN AND DRY YOUR LEGS. GET OUT MORE AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THERE ARE OTHERS IN THE WORLD LESS EXPERIENCED THAN YOU.

It will make life easier when you get older...people wont resent you nad eventually hate you so much.

And dont forget ..The world owes you nothing.....Like everyone else you just keep taking. Soon you will pay.
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 9:17 AM
  • gavmoulds:
    Win7 is, IMHO, not a steaming pile of fail.  I'm rather liking it myself.

To your (mostly rather vague) issues:
    <I have not however, been asked for a product key at any time, neither have I been sent one by MS.>
    How long ago did you install Win7?  What happens when you click 'activate Windows' in System Properties?
    As to not being sent a key:  MS didn't 'send product keys' to people.  You were provided a key by the download site.  If you didn't write it down, well.....
    And, yes, it does look, from your first post, that you 'aquired' Win7.  And, yes, many people do exactly that, and then come here for help.
    BTW, you can still get a key:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/beta-download.aspx
    :P

<My opinion is that it is completely ____ because it will not run no matter what I do.>
    Vague.  What won't run?  A program?  The OS itself?  Installation of the OS?
    If you're having installation or general running issues, got full and complete hardware specs?

To be completely blunt (because, well, I am):
    The others that posted in this thread were in no way abusive.  One said "need specifics", and two others wondered aloud as to where you got the OS from.  One stated that you got your product key on the downloads page, implying that you should have written it down.  That's it.
    Now, your posts in this thread (especially the second one) do border on (if not cross the line of) abusive.  Just MHO.

Maybe you want to continue exploring your issues in the help threads that you seem to state that you started, rather than firing off a half-cocked rant?

Finally, it's a beta.  That means 'not done yet.'  Also, being a beta, MS does assume that persons using it will have some technical ability, as well as the ability to clearly detail any issues that they are having with it. 
    Why?  The ability to troubleshoot, as well as the ability to detail issues (and, send feedback on them) are what the product team needs to finish the OS.

Just my $0.02,
    Chris
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    • Proposed as answer by DarienHawk67 Monday, February 23, 2009 12:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Monday, February 23, 2009 6:24 AM
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 10:23 PM
  • Hi gavmoulds

Your initial message did not contain any useful information, only that nothing is working. It sounds like you did not enter your product key within the 30 day period, after installing and the system is now in reduced functionality mode, which is normal if the installation is not activated within that 30 day period.

When you access the download website, the first page has your product key and urges you to write it down so that you can activate Windows when it is installed.

If you downloaded Windows 7 from the official website, you can still use the link in the message that Chris posted to get the product key at any time.

In reduced functionality mode, you can still activate Windows.

If you need more help, post back here.

Thanks for understanding.

Thank You for testing Windows 7 Beta

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Forum Moderator
    Monday, February 23, 2009 6:51 AM