none
Windows 7 hangs after post and b4 loading os

Question

• I have a M4A785TD-EVO mobo. I was trying to install diablo II LOD and was getting the error 'no disk in drive' so I went and investigated why... Long story shortened....
    I thought it was my bios causing a conflict with not seeing the disc in the cd rom drive, so I updated it.... I found the update M4A785TD-V-EVO-602.ROM and installed that update using the utility ASUSUpdate.exe after this I restarted the PC... no restart. took it apart and reset it...
    Now it will seemingly hang ofter posting and prior to the os load.

I thought it was the updated bios, but i have reverted to M4A785TD-V-EVO-501.ROM and it is still causing the annoying issue... Any help would be appreciated.

-Ryan
    Monday, February 22, 2010 3:29 PM

Answers

• Hello,

1. Go to BISO and load the default bios settings.

2. Boot the computer to Safe Mode and perform a system restore.
    -------------------
    1. Restart the computer and start pressing the F8 key on the keyboard. On a computer that is configured to boot multiple Operating Systems, press the F8 key when you see the boot menu.
    2. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe Mode, and then press Enter.
    3. Log onto Windows by using the Administrator account or any user account with Administrator privileges. 
    4. Click the Start Button, type "system restore" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter. Click Continue if necessary.
    5. Check Show restore point older than 5 days box, and choose a time before the issue occurs and click Next.
    6. Click Finish and click Yes to confirm the operation.

Thomas77
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, March 01, 2010 9:18 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:31 AM