none
USMT / USMTUTILS Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am able to run the USMT tool to backup a particular user profile and it completes without error.

I then go to verify the MIG file and I get that the catalog is corrupt. 

To test, I take the MIG file and do a loadstate on it to another machine and the profile is created properly with all the files and settings it should have.

Why would a verify so a corrupt catalog, yet the MIG load correct on another machine.

Friday, June 8, 2018 2:04 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

Let's check the usmtutil's log fine to know the detailed corruption first, see if we can find any clue on this weird issue. 

Try commands below to generate the log file: 

usmtutils /verify:all D:\MyMigrationStore\store.mig /decrypt /l:D:\UsmtUtilsLog.txt

Please know that the log file will only list the files that became corrupted during the ScanState process. This list will include the catalog file if it is also corrupted.

In addition, the scanstate and loadstate log are required during our analysis. 

You can upload these log files onto Network drive and share the link here for our research. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 11, 2018 7:59 AM
    Owner
  • Hi, 

Is there any update on my question? To clarify this issue, please help to collect required information for further troubleshoot. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 12:52 AM
    Owner