none
Outlook constantly having problems connecting to exchange server on Office 365. RRS feed

• Question

• Since two days my outlook is having problems connecting to the Office 365 server and then constantly goes into ' not responding ' mode. Please can you help !
    Tuesday, January 28, 2020 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's the version of your Outlook client? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

>>Since two days my outlook is having problems connecting to the Office 365 server

What specific operations did you do before this problem occurred?

What status is displayed in the lower right corner?

Can you use your webmail normally?

In this situation, please follow the suggestions below to troubleshoot your issue:

1. There could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.
    2. Are you using cached mode? If so, please try starting your Outlook client in online mode and see if there is any difference.(File > Account Settings > Double-click your account > uncheck "Use Cache Exchange Mode to download email to an Outlook data file" >Restart your Outlook client.)
    3. A corrupted profile can also cause this issue, so if the issue persists, please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and test.
    4. In addition, you can try repairing your Office installation.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 6:02 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 30, 2020 8:50 AM