none
My Xbox 360 doesnt see my remote libraries on my Windows 7 PC

Question

• I have 2 houses.  I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on 2 PCs (one in each house)   I have turned on Media Sharing over the internet on both PC's  and linked them using a Windows Live ID.  I want to view my remote media using my Xbox 360.   My remote libaries are visible in Windows Medial Player on both both PCs, but the libraries are not available to my Xbox 360 and they are not available when I run Windows Media Center from the PC.    Is there a way to stream media from PC A to PC B and then pass that content to my Xbox 360 which is connected as an extender?    It sort of defeats the purpose if I can't do this.  My goal is play my media in my living room on my TV, not just on my PC
    Friday, August 20, 2010 1:16 PM

Answers

• Windows Media Center can't do this. This is a browser based technology and as
    such, I don't see a way to include the Xbox360.

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:16:24 +0000, Vince_nj1 wrote:

>I have 2 houses.  I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on 2 PCs (one in each house)   I have turned on Media Sharing over the internet on both PC's  and linked them using a Windows Live ID.  I want to view my remote media using my Xbox 360.   My remote libaries are visible in Windows Medial Player on both both PCs, but the libraries are not available to my Xbox 360 and they are not available when I run Windows Media Center from the PC.    Is there a way to stream media from PC A to PC B and then pass that content to my Xbox 360 which is connected as an extender?    It sort of defeats the purpose if I can't do this.  My goal is play my media in my living room on my TV, not just on my PC

Barb Bowman

http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

Friday, August 20, 2010 1:46 PM