none
How do I turn OFF the music sound on the screen saver? RRS feed

Answers

• What screen saver are you trying to use?

It appears that none of the screen savers that come with Windows 7 have sound, so is it a third party screen saver?

If so, your best source of information will be the publisher of the screen saver software. Try going back to the publisher's web site and see if you can find a "contact us" or technical support link.

• Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, March 25, 2011 8:13 AM
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 10:51 PM
  • Hi,

If you are using the third party screen saver, you may turn the music off from screensaver settings. Right click the desktop, choose Personalize, then Screensaver (bottom right), and in screensaver settings window click the Settings button to check if there is any option to turn the music off.

If not, you can choose a screensaver without music or contact the manufacturer.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:47 AM

All replies

• What screen saver are you trying to use?

It appears that none of the screen savers that come with Windows 7 have sound, so is it a third party screen saver?

If so, your best source of information will be the publisher of the screen saver software. Try going back to the publisher's web site and see if you can find a "contact us" or technical support link.

• Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:47 AM
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 10:51 PM
  • Hi,

If you are using the third party screen saver, you may turn the music off from screensaver settings. Right click the desktop, choose Personalize, then Screensaver (bottom right), and in screensaver settings window click the Settings button to check if there is any option to turn the music off.

If not, you can choose a screensaver without music or contact the manufacturer.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:47 AM
  • I have a brand new Samsung laptop which came with Windows 7.

A minute or so after  the screensaver comes on music starts to play- soft piano music!  Driving me nuts. Have not downloaded any screensavers - not had chance to do anything yet it, literally arrived a couple of days ago so just using it to e mail for now.  Have tried all the HELP forums to switch this off. In the SOUND programme there are various ways to alter the sound i.e. when switching off or warning sounds but cannot see anything relating to this screensaver music.

If I look at Windows Media Player there are 3 tunes already  in there and one of them sounds a bit like the one that plays --  any ideas please !

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:37 AM
  • First, you'll get better results if you start a new thread for your new question. As the original question in this thread was answered, not many readers will see your question.

To check if your screensaver can be controlled, do this:

Right-click on the desktop and select Personalize from the context menu. In the Personalization dialog, click on the Screensaver icon (You will also see the name of the selected screensaver with the icon). In the Screensaver Settings dialog, click the Settings... button. If the screensaver has any settings, you should be able to turn off the sound there.

Please post back with the name of the selected screensaver. Many computer manufacturers add software to their computers. It's quite possible that Samsung gave you a screensaver that does not come with Windows 7.

If the above does not help, you should contact Samsung technical support, as your computer is new:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP-R480-JAB1US

http://forums.cnet.com/samsung-forum/

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 1:15 PM
  • Many thanks - have not had a Samsung before so that is a possibility.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:23 AM
  • What about from Screensavers.com?
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:37 PM
  • I have uninstalled the screen saver but the sounds are still on my computer. Every time I turn it on and off and click on anything I hear Lurch saying you rang? Its getting annoying and there are other sounds as well. I even went into the sounds but nothing worked. How do I get rid of the sounds that came with the screen saver that is off my computer?
    Monday, September 24, 2012 2:31 AM
  • When I right click I don't get context but properties and I still haven't shut it off.
    Monday, September 24, 2012 2:33 AM