none
Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter

Question

• I found yellow mark for the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter under the Device Manager in Windows 7.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Go to HP site and download the network card driver manually. Or let me know your computer model and I will help you find.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 6:01 AM

All replies

• Thursday, May 12, 2011 12:43 PM
  • I have not disabled IPv6.

What is the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter function and the relationship with IPv6?

How can it be fixed?

Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:19 PM
  • What is the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter function and the relationship with IPv6

Teredo is a new technolgoy which is used to send IPV4 encapsulated IPV6 packets across the network. If you don't connect to the network with IPV6 protocol, you can ignore the warning. Otherwise this can happens with Security software..

Check the following links, they may help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itpronetworking/thread/3f6dc0e6-acc5-47db-8c0f-ce536cb832aa

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/w7itprohardware/thread/AFCD5EFD-5D12-4C36-BE8F-9612682F3563

Revue du Geek | Déployer Windows 7 avec MDT 2010
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:29 PM
  • So how to install the driver for this one?
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:55 PM
  • Hi,

To resolve the issue, you could try the following methods.

1. update the driver for Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adaptor

a. Go to manufacture's site to download the driver.

b. Go to Device Manager and look for Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface, right click on it and select "Update Driver Software"

c. Browse my computer for driver software, then select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

d. Reboot the computer and check for the issue.

If you cannot find which driver to download from the manufacture's site, uninstall the current one first from Device Manager, restart the computer and then choose automatic update online.

2. I notice that you have tried to enable IPv6 and the issue is still present, let's disable and re-enable IPv6, that should make a difference as it has helped many users facing this issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852

Also, here are the similar posts, check if they are helpful.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues/thread/8290cf35-30b2-4922-baa3-290296537f72/

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, May 16, 2011 9:39 AM
  • I am using HP PC and I cannot find the driver for this one.

Then what can I do?

Monday, May 16, 2011 2:07 PM
  • If you cannot find which driver to download from the manufacture's site, uninstall the current one first from Device Manager, restart the computer and then choose automatic update online.

Try this way and the rest method to check the result.

Best Regards,

Niki

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 3:05 AM
  • The automatic update cannot update automatically, any advice?

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 1:55 PM
  • Hi,

Go to HP site and download the network card driver manually. Or let me know your computer model and I will help you find.

Best Regards,

Niki

Friday, May 20, 2011 6:01 AM
  • WE are using HP Compaq 8000 Elite Small Form Factor PC and can you help to find the driver for me.
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 2:38 AM
  • Hi,

Go to the following site and choose your OS.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4065895&prodSeriesId=4065894&prodTypeId=12454&taskId=135&swLang=13

If the driver cannot fix the issue, please contact HP support for better help.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ContactHP.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=4065894

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Niki

Monday, July 25, 2011 2:43 AM
  • Lenovo PC with Windows 7 home premium, serv. pk 1

Rating. 4.0  Processor AMD Athlon (tm) II X 2 260   RAM 2.00GB 1.75usable  3.20GHz

64bit operating system

Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:13 PM
  • Hello dear iam also facing the same issue but iam using windows 8 pro 64bit in my HP ultra slim dc 7900 and i also have the same issue that i can see there is a yellow mark on microsoft teredo tunneling adapter option. plz recommend me any link to download its driver.

tnx

Sunday, July 06, 2014 2:15 PM
  • MY LAPTOP IS VAIO E SERIES VPCEB24EN WINDOWS 7 64 BIT

PL LET ME KNOW

Sunday, August 03, 2014 10:45 AM
  • If you believe with my simple concept then try this, go to START then type REGEDIT click on to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, CURRENT CONTROL SET, SERVICES, TCPIP6, PARAMETERS then in the right pane right click DISABLED COMPONENT then set or modify VALUE DATA to 0. Restart your computer your TEREDO TUNNELING ADAPTER will now run.

That's it guys this will fix your TEREDO TUNNELING ADAPTER.

Sunday, September 14, 2014 8:36 AM
  • Hi!

My laptop model is DELL Inspiron 17R. Yes I saw that yellow mark for microsoft teredo tunneling adapter. I hope you could help me. 

thanks

• Proposed as answer by shafar Sunday, September 06, 2015 8:10 AM
    Monday, November 24, 2014 2:19 AM
  • asus laptop running windows 7
    • Proposed as answer by shafar Sunday, September 06, 2015 8:13 AM
    Saturday, January 24, 2015 10:34 AM
  • "jonblac" This worked perfectly!  Thank you very much.  Very simple and straight forward, done in seconds without needing to fool with device manager or redirecting to unknown links.  Excellent solution!

• Edited by Crashxx Thursday, June 09, 2016 10:17 PM
    Thursday, June 09, 2016 10:16 PM
  • Hi jonblac,, this sounds like a sensible approach. Problem:

Under Regedit > HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE I do not have CURRENT CONTROL SET. Listed options are:

BCD00000000

HARDWARE

SAM

SECURITY

SOFTWARE

SYSTEM

My System: running w7  Ultimate on ASUStek M4N78 : AMI bios, AMD Phenom ll x4, 2 SATA discs,

of which C is 960GB, only one-quarter used

Grateful any help - Thanks, adj

LiVe1AdJ1

Thursday, July 13, 2017 9:15 AM