none
Problem > Setup cannot delete/write registry entry . . . Win 7 64-bit Home Premium.

Question

• I need help. :(((

When I try to run MS Word 2010 Pro Plus, this message appears:

Microsoft Word requires the file msointl.dll to run. Run setup again to assure proper installation.

Then, I decided to uninstall MS Office 2010 Pro Plus, but this message appears:

Error 1404. Setup cannot delete the registry key. \SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@microsoft.com/OfficeAuthz,version=14.0. Verify that you have sufficient permissions to access the registry or contact Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) for assistance. For more information about how to contact PSS, see C:\Users\Niki\AppData\Local\Temp\Setup000008a0\PSS10R.CHM.

I was really dumbfounded. I didn't know what to do. I tried running Office2010ProPlus.ISO, but my Daemon Tools Pro license has expired already. I downloaded Daemon Tools Lite, but it failed. I was not able to prntscr the message, but it tells almost the same thing - I do not have permission to write any registry entry. I downloaded VirtualCloneDrive, but installation also failed. I downloaded another software, MagicISO. Installation was smooth - no pop-ups about permissions. Well, I didn't know how to run/use MagicISO, so I downloaded MagicDisc. After installation, this message appears:

MagicDisc cannot open friver (mcdbus), Please make sure that MagicDisc is run as administrator.

You need to right-click MagicDisc.exe on Windows Explorer, and click "Run As Administrator" to run.

And yeah, I did that, but the same dialog box appears. :|

So, I right-clicked Office2010ProPlus.ISO, surprised to see that I am able to extract the files in the ISO file. I extracted the installation files, then ran setup. And ta-da! Error again about permissions! 

I decided to run other installers, like, Registry Mechanic 2011, but upon installation, this message appears:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Registry Mechanic\unins000.exe

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:

MoveFile failed; code 5.

Access is denied.

Click to Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file ( not recommended ), or Abort to cancel installation.

I clicked Retry a few times, but this keeps on popping up, so I aborted the installation.

And here I am. Stuck in this situation. I really need MS Office because I have lots of typing to do. :((

I really don't know if this is done by a virus or not. I have Norton Internet Security 2010 and McAfee 8.7i running in my laptop. 

Laptop Specs:

Windows Edition: Windows 7 Home Premium

System ----------

Manufacturer: Sony Electronics Inc.

Model: VAIO Computer

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40 GHz

Installed Memory: 4.00 GB ( 3.67 usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System

Laptop Model: Sony Vaio VPCEA ( customized )

Note: I am from the Philippines, and I cannot go to any Sony stores here coz my laptop was bought from the US.

Thank you very much in Advance! =)

Saturday, November 13, 2010 12:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your posting here.

I notice error 1404 appear when you want to uninstall Office 2010, you can try to follow the steps of this link:

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread215672.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Also you can ask Microsoft Office forum for further help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 7:52 AM