LVDS display isn't recognized RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a problem with LVDS panel connected to motherboard - I don't get any display. I've tried many things like different GPU drivers, custom EDID for panel etc. Finally I've checked what system says when I try to find out cable connected (via get-ciminstance -namespace root/wmi -classname WmiMonitorConnectionParams ) and there is "2147483648" value. I would like it to be "6" which stands for LVDS connector.

Is there any option to force Windows to treat panel as connected to LVDS, not to "garbage"?
    PC specs:
    ASRock A320TM-ITX
    AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
    Windows 10 Pro 1909
    LG LP101WH1-TLB4 panel with 30-40pin LVDS cable

Sunday, July 19, 2020 5:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

After some research, I found that most of the incompatible hardware issue always come down to drivers not being suitable for your setups, so I suggest you obtain correct drivers for your display panel connected by LVDS.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and patience. 

Best regards,

This "Windows 10 Hardware & Performance" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

"Windows 10 Hardware & Performance" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Hardware & Performance"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, July 20, 2020 1:57 AM
  • Thanks for reply, but I found out that other Win 10 laptops with "unknown" connector (i don't know now what connector panel has, probably LVDS too) says that "2147483648" value, but they works fine. And problably is some hardware issue, not software of drivers, because BIOS (UEFI) isn't displayed too.
    Monday, July 20, 2020 10:42 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your research on this issue.

Since this is a hardware issue that affecting the connection between your pc and the display panel, I suggest you seek for support for your LVDS cable provider, experts there might have solutions for your problem.

Thanks for posting.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 7:31 AM
  • Hello. I am in touch with ASRock support, they sent me modified BIOS and panel is alive. A little bit ill, but alive ;) There is screen on panel, but colors are off some and sharpness isn't good (probably one issue is connethed with other).
    Thursday, July 23, 2020 4:08 PM
  • I am sorry that this issue still hasn't been resolved.

If there is no progress, I would suggest you contact Microsoft Customer Services and Support to get an efficient solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ln=en-au

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:58 AM