none
OneNote application will not run error: 0x80070005 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I am unable to run Microsoft One note on my windows 10 OS. 
    Here is what I get:

Something went wrong and we can't do what you asked. we're sorry 
    error: 0x80070005

My first thought was to uninstall it, When I go into apps and features and find the One note app the option to uninstall is grayed out. 

What steps do I need to take?

Thursday, September 22, 2016 5:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Normally OneNote gives an uninstall option so guess that is due to the error. Try from a PowerShell prompt (search start for power open Windows PowerShell) copy and paste;

Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.Office.OneNote | Remove-AppxPackage -Verbose

Then reboot for fun, find OneNote in the Store reinstall and try again.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:18 PM
  • Thank you! Problem solved!

Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:49 PM
  • Hi ,

Good to hear that you have resolved it, please mark Mr Happy's reply as answer to close the case. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar issue to find the answer quickly.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 23, 2016 1:32 AM
  • that work for me also. Thanks a lot for your help
    Wednesday, September 19, 2018 5:55 AM
  • I'm not able to paste into the power shell and don't know how to recreate the symbol of the straight line between OneNote and Remove.  Please help!

Thanks,

Enid

Saturday, September 28, 2019 1:10 AM
  • Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.Office.OneNote | Remove-AppxPackage -Verbose

Does that help can you copy that? The straight line is the pipe is PowerShell to pipe the output from one command to the next command. So search pipe symbol for you keyboard language 
    Saturday, September 28, 2019 2:15 PM