none
Windows will not reload

Question

• Brief history:

Running windows XP in Virtual Machine, received an error message (now long forgotten) I closed V machine and decided to reboot laptop in order to relaunch v machine. When rebooting I got the "running CHDSK" screen. I let this run (no errors) and when windows restarted I got a message saying "Windows failed to start" or something similar. Would not boot into Safe Mode and then got Blue Screen reporting "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" Stop code: 0x1 and bottom of screen reported "physical memory dump failed with status 0xc000009c". Managed to boot into system repair menu, tried System restore, said was successful but restarted the same. Went for the Factory Restore option with back up. Once back up complete machine gave an error about not being able to reinstall windows and suggested I reboot. I did this and now I get the "starting set up' message and then an error message stating that "Windows cannot reinstall" and I should reboot. That is the loop I am now stuck in. I am running Ubuntu 11.10 from a stick and I can access all my files that are still on my HD so every thing still there but windows is not loaded. is there any way I can persuade Windows to reload or am I on a lost cause and will have to to a clean installation?

Running windows 7 64bit

Thanks in advance

Ivan

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 8:40 PM

Answers

All replies