none
EDUP Mini PCI Wireless G Lan card

Question

• Installed Windows 7 beta and couldn't use previous drives and also couldn't find a specific driver on the net

Sorting this would be greatly appreciated as I would love to use windows 7 - it seems loads more stable than vista and xp combined, not to mention the friendlier GUI.
    Friday, January 23, 2009 3:35 AM

Answers

• turns out one of the drivers on the EDUP disc does work with the wireless PCI card.

Installed and activated successfully, drivers for wireless LAN card, sound card and nVidia graphics all updated straight away

Saturday, January 24, 2009 7:49 AM

All replies

• Well, I've never heard of EDUP until now, but a did a little digging on google, and it looks like it might be a Broadcom BMC4306 based card. I think Win7 has a driver for most of the Broadcom chips included.

You could try installing that.

Otherwise, if you can access the WiFi card easily, post the FCC-ID, model number, or even better, the chip model here, and I'll see what I can find.

Friday, January 23, 2009 4:07 AM
  • I had to take the card apart to retreive the numbers, and doing that, there were quite a few sets of numbers:

1. it said made in china, followed by P/N 141440310000J R01 (this was just under the metallic cover.

2. On the chip on the removable circuit board the numbers provided were TNETW1130GVF and 4AP0628D4

3. Under the removable chip was quite a bit of info:

NIDZZ4403000J 08 WS

A446087933 WN4403-22 7

JCI-S1SH followed by a triangle then 94V-0
    2624067-04R 6-2

on its own at the side was 0741

Last, also on it's own was GLVP v1.1A

Don't know which numbers you needed so posted all

Here is an image of a similar version of the chipset card which slots into the PCI card - I guess it is upgradable with newer chipset cards.
    http://safecom.cn/code/sub/large_images/SWLMP-54125.jpg

I looked on google for TNETW1130GVF as printed on the chip and it has results for a wireless chipset driver - i'll have a look on the results and report back
    Saturday, January 24, 2009 4:39 AM
  • Okay so now all we need is to find a driver for the Texas Instruments TNETW1130 chipset...

I'll see what I can find

Saturday, January 24, 2009 5:01 AM
  • Well, I'm not having a lot of luck finding Vista/Win7 drivers.

If you have your XP drivers handy, try installing them.

If you can't find your original drivers, try this:

http://www.safecom.cn/code/support/DMF.aspx?pid=316

Saturday, January 24, 2009 5:22 AM
  • There is a windows vista driver provided on my EDUP driver CD that came with the card, but when I had windows 7 installed, i directed the add hardware wizard towards the CD drive and it said it couldn't find a correct driver straight away.

I would like to try again but that would mean reinstalling XP if it doesn't work

Heck i'll try anyways lol
    Saturday, January 24, 2009 5:34 AM
  • turns out one of the drivers on the EDUP disc does work with the wireless PCI card.

Installed and activated successfully, drivers for wireless LAN card, sound card and nVidia graphics all updated straight away

Saturday, January 24, 2009 7:49 AM
  • Great! Glad to hear it worked out!
    Saturday, January 24, 2009 8:25 AM
  • would it be possible to put a link to these drivers on the web? - i have a TNETW1130GVF card and nothing is working for me on Vista or 7
    Wednesday, September 02, 2009 1:53 PM