none
User profile auto deleted (content and data missing) RRS feed

• Question

• hi There,

my user profile auto deleted (data missing). any idea how to recover it back 

I am using windows 10 1809 this was happened recently. The situation was, when I turn on the laptop its shows windows updating 30% do not shut down. some how it was restart automatically several time and finally logon to windows . once I key in my user name and password the windows was total new NOTHING in my desktop. I check my picture, document , music all is gone.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 2:57 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I recommend you to check the Windows.old folder located in C: drive in case if you've Windows installed on C: drive. While installing updates, Windows may move data to Windows.old folder so you can retrieve it back. 

Hope this helps!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Thursday, December 5, 2019 6:40 AM
  • Hi,

Just try Kapil's advice and check if it works.

Besides, we recommend that you open Event Viewer to check specific error messages, and then post the error message.

About how to use Event Viewer in Windows 10 you could refer to the following link:

https://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-use-event-viewer-in-windows-10/

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Hope can help you. Have a nice day!
    Best Regards,

Kiki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 6:50 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Kiki

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 9, 2019 1:43 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will propose it as the information provided should be helpful.

If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

Best Regards

Kiki

Thursday, January 2, 2020 3:00 AM