none
Windows 7 64 bit, domain login takes 7 to 15 minutes for one user's profile and 6 seconds for the administrator.

Question

• Having problems with a long time to login to the domain (server is Windows 2008.)  Login takes 7 to 15 minutes for one user's profile and only 6 seconds for the administrator. The system is an HP 4520s ProBook running Windows 7 64 bit, 4 Gb RAM, Intel i5 CPU M460 @ 2.53 GHz. This is a new Win 7 laptop deployed about a week ago.

Ran MSCONFIG and disabled all non essential apps. User also had the desktop background set to point to multiple photos for a background slideshow.  Changed it to the standard Windows 7 background, which takes login time down to about 2 to 4 minutes.  The administrator and other logins for other users on this machine take only 6 to 30 seconds. 

Any ideas?

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Caro Boyd,

Thanks for the post!

In order to figure out which took a long time during the boot ,I recommend you use the Process Monitor. Check which took the long time after winlogon.exe started.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, April 1, 2011 5:38 AM

All replies

• Other users with idential laptops (both hardware and software are not experiencing the long domain login time.)
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:42 PM
  • Hi Caro Boyd,

Thanks for the post!

In order to figure out which took a long time during the boot ,I recommend you use the Process Monitor. Check which took the long time after winlogon.exe started.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, April 1, 2011 5:38 AM
  • Hi Caro Boyd,

Thanks for the post!

Regards,

Miya

I don't understand how use process monitor to check what happens on logon

My enviroment is Windows7 64 into domain where AD is windows 2012 server

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:50 PM