none
Windows Update Error Code: 8024200D RRS feed

• Question

• &n******sp;

******o, I recently upgraded my machine to Vista Enterprise from XP Pro (clean install). I have all the windows updates for Vista installed except for one which is giving me the error code:&n******sp;8024200D.

&n******sp;

I was wondering if anyone has seen this error, any help would ******e great!

&n******sp;

thanks,

&n******sp;

Coleman

Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:20 PM

All replies

•  

something went wrong with that post, let me restate that. recently upgraded my machine to Vista Enterprise from XP Pro (clean install). I have all the windows updates for Vista installed except for one which is giving me the error code: 8024200D. I was wondering if anyone has seen this error, any help would be great!

thanks,

Coleman

Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:24 PM
  • Am getting the same error code and also 0x8007002 when I try and install the full download pack from Microsoft Downloads.
    Would also love a solution!
    Friday, June 27, 2008 4:52 AM
  • I've had the same problem too for a few weeks now.  I stumbled across some threads the other day back from the sp1 Beta days that showed alot of developers with the same problem(from November of '07).  They listed a solotion as being to put your vista disk in and run an "update". After that, torun live update.  a few people said that that solved their problems, but I just tried it and it didn't work.  I, however, couldn't really figure out what the meant by "update" though, so I ran the upgrade option.  no luck.  oh, I was originally haveing the 80070002 error, but now have a 8024200D error which seems to be a mystery to everyone.

Friday, June 27, 2008 3:38 PM
  • Hey cholupa, thanks for the tip.  Will 'upgrade' when i get time over the next couple of days and let you know.

Also there's another thread dealing with the same error here: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3543683&SiteID=17 .  HHawk has been pretty helpful over there.
    Saturday, June 28, 2008 3:30 AM
  • Well it worked.  Figured I had a 50/50 chance.  HHawk on the previously mentioned post suggested a full reinstall and that was going to be my only option until I tried the 'Update' option in the install.  Thanks heaps Cholupa.  You've saved me stacks of time.
    Also got the K947562 hotfix error message
    8024200D then tried out this thread then downloaded the MS update manually from here and installed it perfectly.
    Luckily for me there has been enough support around.  Hope these options work for you guys.
    Cheers.
    Sunday, June 29, 2008 10:33 PM
  • hi cremington,

try these steps , i hope it will work

Please install 947562 manually using the link: support.microsoft.com/kb/947562/kb/en-us

restart the computer . It will work

Regards

Kokila

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 10:48 PM
  •  

Ok, here's the lowdown.  It didn't work the first time, I think because I let Automatic update run things.  The second time, I disabled Automatic update and downloaded the stand-Alone sp1 patch.  installed that, and then reactivated AU.  now, everything's working like a charm.  Good luck to all...

Cholupa

Thursday, July 3, 2008 1:54 PM
  • Thanks Kokila, that sorted it for me, then I was able to run the SP1 updater with no probs.
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 2:10 PM
  • I "might" have your answer.

Recently I reinstalled Vista Home Premium 64bit edition. I had the same problems as you lot with that particular update, so I tried to download the update manually, and noticed that I needed to validate my windows to be able to do that. I canceled the validationprocess, went back to "My Computer" and clicked "Validate now!"

After a fresh install, Windows is set to activate (validate itself) after three days. If you download the updates in a rush, you never get the required validation for that update..!

I hope this solves it. I´m not sure, as I´m in the middle of the prosess myself now. Just wanted to post this before I had to restart and then loosing this forum.

Good luck!

Monday, September 1, 2008 8:59 PM