none
Why doesn’t Bluetooth headset work with Vista Bluetooth stack?

Question

• Hi!

I have problem connecting my Bluetooth headset (Jabra JX10) to my Windows vista PC.

I'm using the MS (Microsoft) BT (Bluetooth stack) since other stacks (Toshiba,  Widcomm, Broadcomm) isn't so good integrated to the operating system as MS BT. I have read a lots on forums but isn't clear over what the problem is. Manufactory says that "it should be working with other Bluetooth systems", for an example Jabra says: " Your headset will work with devices that are compliant with Bluetooth version 1.1 or higher specifications and support the headset and/or hands-free profile(s)."

But after MS BT has connected to my headset I get an error in the "Device Manages" saying "Bluetooth device peripheral device" : This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

The headset works with my mobile phone (HTC MTeoR) with Microsoft Windows Mobil 4.0, there it's no problem connecting the headset.

Is MS BT supporting headset and/or hands-free profiles?

If not, will there be a support for this? when?

Friday, August 15, 2008 10:07 PM

Answers

• Danlih

The only thing I can suggest is to go to the following website and check for the compatibility of that device with Vista.

Windows Vista Compatibility Center:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/

You might also perform an internet search for information on that device. There may be some user forums where owners of that device congregate and discuss the product.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Friday, August 15, 2008 10:26 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to share the following information with you.

Code 1

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

Recommended resolution

This device has no drivers installed or is incorrectly configured. Update the driver(s) by clicking Update Driver. This starts the Hardware Update wizard. If updating the driver does not work, please check whether the device has incompatibility problem with Windows Vista.

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:05 AM

All replies

• Danlih

The only thing I can suggest is to go to the following website and check for the compatibility of that device with Vista.

Windows Vista Compatibility Center:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/

You might also perform an internet search for information on that device. There may be some user forums where owners of that device congregate and discuss the product.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Friday, August 15, 2008 10:26 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to share the following information with you.

Code 1

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

Recommended resolution

This device has no drivers installed or is incorrectly configured. Update the driver(s) by clicking Update Driver. This starts the Hardware Update wizard. If updating the driver does not work, please check whether the device has incompatibility problem with Windows Vista.

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:05 AM
  • Hi! I have a Sony Bluetooth headset which I have successfully paired with my Vista based notebook. Both the headset and Vista say they are paired but when I play my songs, there is no sound coming out from the headset (the sound still comes out from the notebook speakers).

Any advise?

Friday, August 29, 2008 1:19 AM
  • Hello,

sorry to say that but MS BT stack does only half of what it is supposed to do (HID, COM, PAN, FTP). It was OK in XP where it was actually GREAT long avaited feature but it's ashaming in Vista.

Even stranger thing:

I've tried couple of headset with couple of BT adapters in Vista (all BT adapters  usednative Vista BT stack). On SOME BT adapters headset worked as the drivers were immediately downloaded wrom Windowsd Update. On the rest the headsets newer worked.

I hate using 3rd party stacks for functionality that is provided by the OS although less shiny. If there's a MVP colleague here who's more into BT please help/explain

Thx

MP

Monday, October 20, 2008 8:27 PM
  • Hi,
    Can only agree with above answear. There is no official word on this but by some reason MS removed almost every BT-profile from vista in the last stages bf shipping it. Due to this, manufacturers of headsets had to provide their own drivers for each of their headset, but since these are mostly for cell phones, this has low priority for them as well as MS. That's why some work just fine and others don't. Check manufacturers support sections for drivers before buying bt headsets!

I believe it went down like this:

"Bugs in the bt drivers!"
    "____, remove it"
    "But what about functionability?"
    "No worries, as long as Vista is new and shiny ppl will buy it anyway."
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 6:29 AM
  • Wednesday 30th October 2013

Bluetooth Headphones connection procedure. BH-01V3 headset by Bauhn purchased at ALDI

1. Headphones preparations
    2. Pair Personal Computer With Bluetooth Headphone
    3. Add Wireless Device
    4. Connect
    5. Set Audio Defaults
    6. Test Sound
    7. Problems

1. Headphones preparations
     a. Consult Instruction manual
     b. Plug Headphones into USB charger and watch for green charging light.
     c. familiarise use of Pairing button.Identify,
      a. locate buttons; on/off,volume and pairing button. Observe signal lights and sounds which indicate Pairin of Headphones. Turn Headphones to OFF.
      b. With Bluetooth headphones on ears long press on/off button till pairing sound and flashing lights are indicated. Turn Headphones to OFF.

2. Pair PC with Bluetooth Headphones
     a. Navigate, Press Start button  on your PC or Laptop In Microsoft Windows in Left Lower corner of Screen
     b. Right click on the word control panel
     c. Select Open from the context menu
     d. With left Mouse buton. select  Hardware & sound icon to open
     e. select Bluetooth Devices icon
     f. select Bluetooth Radio Properties icon mid panel right
     g. Under Options tab > checkbox Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer
     h. Checkbox Connections > Allow bluetooth devices to connect to this computer
     i. Checkbox Alert me when a new Bluetoogh device wants to connect
     j. Checkbox Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area

3. Add Wireless Device
     a. Bring to view the Bluetooth Devices Panel
     b. Select Add wireless device button icon from the panel commands line
     c. Turn the fully charged bluetooth Headphones to on
     d. Turn bluetooth Headphones on and hold till pairing lights and sound indicate.
     e. Add Hardware panel should show Headphone icon
     f. Notification may pair and connect with icon ready for use.

4. Connect to bluetooth headphones
     a. Bring to view Bluetooth Radio Properties panel
     b. Select Audio tab
     c. select bluettooth Stereo Audio
     d. Press connect button or Right Click Connect.
     d. Select Bluetooth Hands-Free Audio icon.
     e. Press Connect or Right Click Connect.
     f. Checkbox Control Skype (TM) calls using a hands free device.

5. Set Audio Default
     a. Navigate to Sound panel.
      b. In windows press on the start button at bottom left of screen Start \ Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Sound
      c. or from the Speakers icon in lower far right of screen Notification area to playback devices.
      d. In the Playback TAB Select Headphone Audio
      g. Right Select Headphone Audio and click mouse button to set as default device
      h. A green tick will appear on the icon
      i. In the Recording TAB select Headphones
     b. Set Audio Default to Speakers
      i. When bluetooth headphones are not in use, manually select speakers as audio default each time to hear
         sound through speakers.

6. Test sound
     a. Include Headphones in bluetooth services.
       i. Navigate Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Bluetooth Devices click on Headphone device icon and select properties.
         services tab check box headphone.
     b. Unmute Headphone Sound Level.
        navigate Start >  Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Sound > right click the headphones icon > properties > select Tab Level > check box to unmute.
     c. TEST the Headphone sound.
      i. Navigate Start \ Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Sound or from the Notifications bar to playback
         devices submenu on the sound icon at the bottom right of screen. Right click to playback devices
      ii. At Headphones icon Right Click and choose TEST from the submenu

7. Problems
     a. Sound Test results in no sound.
      a.Select the Sound Panel properties submenu and check the sound levelTab. Mute should be set to off.
     b. Pairing prompts for password access to connect.
      a. try 0000, device drivers may not exist from manufacture.
     default Speaker has been selected. and device has been added.

c. Pairing results in an Computer error.
      a.Remove Bluetooth device from the Bluetooth Devices Panel navigate Start > control panel > Hardware & Sound > bluetooth device add a wireless device >
           right click headphone device icon and click remove
       a. Pair and connect device in the Bluetooth Devices panel
        i. Start > control panel > hardware and sound > bluetooth devices add wireless hardware

b. Remove Connection from the bluetooth radio properties audio panel
       a. navigate start Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Bluetooth Devices > bluetooth setting >
         bluetooth radio properties > Audio tab > select device > press remove button or Right Click Remove from submenu
       b. Pair and connect headphone device.
        i. View bluetooth devices > add wireless device > turn Headphone device to on and pair

c. No sound through speakers
       a. Select default sound device to speakers
        i. Notifications bar select speaker icon submenu playback devices > right click speaker icon and set as playback device.

• Edited by Roger Lawes Friday, November 01, 2013 9:12 AM
    Friday, November 01, 2013 9:09 AM