none
format windows 7 on a new laptop with no dvd

Question

• Hi all,

I have a new dell laptop with genuine windows 7 installed. The problem is i want to switch to windows 7 greek. Someone suggested that i can download windows 7 greek version, burn a dvd, format my laptop and then install it using the product key / license for the windows that are now installed on my laptop. I don't have the windows 7 instalation cd of my laptop, but have the windows 7 license sticker on the laptop.

The question is if that would work and if i would end up with an original/ licensed product.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Many thanks,

• Moved by Ken Warren Monday, December 19, 2011 6:57 PM off topic for Windows Home server forums (From:Windows Home Server 2011)
    Monday, December 19, 2011 6:41 PM

Answers

• Please contact Dell tech support and you should be able to order a Greek version Windows 7 system installation disk.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:49 AM

All replies

• You need to find the right forum for this question as this is for Windows Home Server - try answers.microsoft.com or social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Monday, December 19, 2011 6:56 PM
  • Please contact Dell tech support and you should be able to order a Greek version Windows 7 system installation disk.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:49 AM