none
VPN Connection to a Domain RRS feed

• Question

• I am located remote from the main office here we have are Windows 2008 R2 servers.  In setting up a new Windows 8 Laptop, I logged in with my microsoft account, created a VPN connection to the office, then went into the Computer Name Settings and changed it to join the domain.  The join was successful but when I restarted the laptop and at the login page, I entered my domain\user name and password, but the system could not find a AD to sign me in.

I found out where to enable the ALT-CTRL-DEL and did so and I can only log in after connecting to the VPN first.

Question is how to I log into the laptop with my domain account if I am not near any internet connection?

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:01 PM

Answers

• Got it.  Once I logged in after connecting to the VPN, I was able to log out of the VPN, shut the laptop down, restart and log in with my domain account without having to be on the VPN.
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:34 PM

All replies

• Got it.  Once I logged in after connecting to the VPN, I was able to log out of the VPN, shut the laptop down, restart and log in with my domain account without having to be on the VPN.
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:34 PM
  • Thanks for sharing.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 29, 2013 6:35 AM