My taskbar keeps going down to the bottom. Why is this happening and how do i stop it? RRS feed

• Question

•  I use my PC at work and use a macbook at home.

As a long-time mac user, i prefer my taskbar(and my startup button) on the top of my screen.

So i dragged it to the top, changed the settings to put it on 'top', tried locking it, making it appear at both of my screen...

I tried so many ways but after 5-10 minutes the taskbar goes down to the bottom with a little blink.

Why is this happening and how do i stop it?

Monday, August 28, 2017 11:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It’s very strange.

Your behavior is correct, my taskbar setting is same as you, but it doesn’t move anymore.

Firstly, clean boot your computer make sure there is not any third-party software running, check the result.

If issue appears, I suspect that your user profile exists issue, try to create a new account to test again.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SeogSeungil Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:42 AM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It’s very strange.

Your behavior is correct, my taskbar setting is same as you, but it doesn’t move anymore.

Firstly, clean boot your computer make sure there is not any third-party software running, check the result.

If issue appears, I suspect that your user profile exists issue, try to create a new account to test again.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SeogSeungil Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:42 AM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:43 AM
  •  This device is a corporate property and access to the company server is limited to my 'administrator' account, so creating a new account would cause an option.

I have consulted my IT department, and as you have suggested in your reply, they presumed that there could be some interferance between 3rd-party softwares and the windows 10 itself, causing this trouble.

But again, this is a corporate property and the softwares installed in this device is essential to the daily workflow, I think that the best solution is for me to get used to the taskbar at the bottom.

Thank you for your kind advice. I was surprised to receive such a quick reply.

Have a nice day, 

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:42 AM