Vsphere Client - The VMRC Console has Disconnected.. Trying to reconnect.

Question

• Hai,

I had upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to windows 8 Release Preview. when ever open Vsphere client it couldn't shows the virtual machine instead of showing "The VMRC Console has Disconnected.. Trying to reconnect". I tried reinstall but the issue remain the same.

Loganathan V

Monday, June 18, 2012 3:52 AM

Answers

• Hi guys,

Vsphere Client 5.1 solved the problem. Now I can able to see the virtual machines.

Loganathan V

• Marked as answer by logan.IN Wednesday, September 19, 2012 4:26 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 4:25 AM

• Hi,

Considering the issue is related to Vsphere client, it is recommended that you go to VMware Support for help:

VMware - Support & Downloads
    http://www.vmware.com/support/

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Nicholas Li

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by logan.IN Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:38 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 4:49 AM

All replies

• I'm having the same issue. I've tried installing in compatibility mode as administrator, and executing as such as well. No luck so far.

Monday, June 18, 2012 8:15 PM
  • I have the same issues.  Seems to be a common Windows 8 & vSphere issue.  Posts all over VMware sites too.

No solution form VMware yet.  :(

• Proposed as answer by PWILEY Monday, August 20, 2012 2:39 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by PWILEY Monday, August 20, 2012 2:39 PM
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:26 PM

• Hi,

Considering the issue is related to Vsphere client, it is recommended that you go to VMware Support for help:

VMware - Support & Downloads
    http://www.vmware.com/support/

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Nicholas Li

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by logan.IN Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:38 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 4:49 AM
  • While the issue IS a vSphere client problem, all information gathered thus far would seem to indicate that the problem lies somewhere within vSphere's reliance upon IE 10.  With the right information from the Microsoft side of things, those of us early adopters, holding (IT) positions of influence within companies that are currently determining whether or not they will move to Windows 8 (and when), who are simply trying to utilize the toolsets that they currently rely upon to do their jobs, we might be able to use that information to institute our own workaround until a permanent fix is established.  Just because we are asking for some troubleshooting assistance in utilizing a "competing" product, we are using that competing product to manage hundreds (potentially thousands) of VMs that are all running Windows.  That said, is there any information that you might be able to provide in regards to what might be different in IE10 that would cause an issue in an application that relies upon IE to function (in this case, remote console)? 
    • Edited by TinmanJack Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:28 PM typographical error
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 9:05 PM
  • Well said, TinmanJack.

theBoringCoder

• Proposed as answer by TinmanJack Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:22 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by TinmanJack Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:22 PM
    Sunday, August 12, 2012 10:13 PM
  • I think I am going back to my WIN7 until there is a greater acceptance. 

http://www.joedissmeyer.com/2012/08/vsphere-client-error-in-windows-8-vmrc.html

Monday, August 20, 2012 2:40 PM
  • Bump - anyone found a fix yet?

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:27 PM
  • Not yet, although the link provided by PWILEY above does yield some additional information, specifically this event log entry:

Application 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VMware\VMware VMRC
    Plug-in\Internet Explorer\vmware-vmrc.exe' (pid 1408) cannot be restarted -
    Application SID does not match Conductor SID.

Joe (from the link) surmised that the vmrc plug-in is simply incompatible with IE10.  He even went as far as trying to force the plug-in to utilize another browser, but this failed as well.  Again, if we, the IT community, were provided some additional information, we might be able to come up with a work-around that does not involve using VMware Workstation (that is my current work-around of choice) or some other less-than-straight-forward solution.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:27 PM
  • I have the same problem - it's definitely because the VI client uses the internet explorer plugin - and IE10 does not play nice.

Simply saying "This is VMware problem speak to them is not constructive?" If security is tighter with IE10 then ONE END needs to be changed to make it work. Simply saying "go away and change the other end" is counter productive to fixing the problem - Can we not attack the problem form both ends?

What IE setting needs relaxing to make it work - AND/OR What in the VI client needs to be changed.?

Pete

Regards Pete Long http://www.petenetlive.com

Friday, September 07, 2012 11:28 AM
  • Here's a work-Around till we get a fix

Cannot Open a Console Session in the VMware VI Client on Windows 8

Pete

Regards Pete Long http://www.petenetlive.com

Monday, September 10, 2012 9:45 AM
  • Hi guys,

Vsphere Client 5.1 solved the problem. Now I can able to see the virtual machines.

Loganathan V

• Marked as answer by logan.IN Wednesday, September 19, 2012 4:26 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 4:25 AM
  • Unfortunately my vSphere center provides Client 5.0, when trying to access it from 5.1 client it starts downloading the older version.
    Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:59 PM
  • Bravo! TinmanJack; you deserve points for your answer. Boo to you Mr. Moderator Nicholas Li; shame on you for your ridiculous answer. Glad you got points for your "answer." You're really helping us adopt Windows 8.

Jason Lehman

Thursday, November 15, 2012 1:56 PM
  • I'm sorry this is not a fix either.

We have to stay on ESXi 5 for view 5 for the foreseeable future....at least until view 5 is compatible with ESXi 5.1

Monday, November 19, 2012 5:00 PM
  • Seriously? You want some guy who is probably busy working on what he is being paid for to start researching what IS a VMware client issue. It is VM Ware's plugin and they have categorically said that they will not fix this and to simply upgrade to 5.1...but lets make this a MS problem.

Also, I had to jump through hoops to even get the 5.0 client to install on Win 8 and I suppose that is somehow MS issue too? (nope, code that is in VM Ware's install that is to blame)

Anyway, I think Mr. Li simply suggested that you go to VM Ware for support and to jump all over him for that suggestion is what is ridiculous.

CK-MS and VM Ware lover :-! but that might change anytime.

So, get the VMware guest console and live with it.
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:08 PM
  • Hi,

If any one find solution or any patch for  VMRC console disconnected issue please post here.

Regards,

Prashant 

• Proposed as answer by Stuart McHugh Monday, January 07, 2013 3:31 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Stuart McHugh Monday, January 07, 2013 3:31 PM
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:27 AM
  • The problem is fixed now.  Just download the latest version of the vSphere client VMware-viclient-all-5.0.0-913577.exe and install it.  Reboot and the problem is fixed!
    • Proposed as answer by Stuart McHugh Monday, January 07, 2013 3:32 PM
    Monday, January 07, 2013 3:32 PM
  • I used VMware Workstation 8 to connect to VM consoles as a workaround until I upgraded to ESXi 5.1.
    Monday, January 21, 2013 2:04 AM
  • I used the web based client and I was able to access the console
    Tuesday, April 09, 2013 5:50 PM