none
laptop turns off immediately after being plugged-in/docked while in sleep or hibernate

Question

• The title says it all. :) My Lenovo T60 64-bit Win7 7100 build will be sleeping or hibernated -- I can see the moon icon showing the machine is in a low-power state. It's always worked fine with Vista and Win2k8 Server. With Win7, as soon as the power is fed to the machine, it turns off. Then when I boot, Windows says it wasn't shut down properly.

Why would the machine be shutting down when it detects a power source when in a low-power state?

It's pretty frustrating to not be able to resume my machine on A/C power after sleeping/hibernating...

Thanks!
    --Hagen
    Wednesday, June 03, 2009 8:58 PM

Answers

• I"ve got an x61 that doesn't have any issues - but I don't have an external source to connect it to.
    I do have issues with my Desktop doing the same thing, and it was attributed to my RAID drivers, so I'd suspect that incompatible storage controller drivers could cause the same thing.  I'd suggest looking for the latest Windows7 version of your storage controller drivers (my x61 uses the Intel Matrix storage drivers).

I was unable to locate any Windows 7 drivers for the Intel Matrix Storage drivers.  If you can't either, then be sure to install the latest version of the Intel Matrix software in compatibility mode for ALL USERS to "Run as Windows Vista" and to "Run as administrator".
    - John
    Wednesday, June 03, 2009 11:25 PM
    Answerer
  • Usasma,

You may also want to try to use Windows Vista certified drivers as well and run them in compatibility mode if they don't work with first install. If you require further assistance also head on over to Micrsoft Springboard for some great tips / tricks, Microsoft supported forums and more.

http://tinyurl.com/832nco

Jessica
    Microsoft TechNet / Springboard
    v-jedeen@microsoft.com

Thursday, June 04, 2009 4:20 PM

All replies

• I"ve got an x61 that doesn't have any issues - but I don't have an external source to connect it to.
    I do have issues with my Desktop doing the same thing, and it was attributed to my RAID drivers, so I'd suspect that incompatible storage controller drivers could cause the same thing.  I'd suggest looking for the latest Windows7 version of your storage controller drivers (my x61 uses the Intel Matrix storage drivers).

I was unable to locate any Windows 7 drivers for the Intel Matrix Storage drivers.  If you can't either, then be sure to install the latest version of the Intel Matrix software in compatibility mode for ALL USERS to "Run as Windows Vista" and to "Run as administrator".
    - John
    Wednesday, June 03, 2009 11:25 PM
    Answerer
  • Usasma,

You may also want to try to use Windows Vista certified drivers as well and run them in compatibility mode if they don't work with first install. If you require further assistance also head on over to Micrsoft Springboard for some great tips / tricks, Microsoft supported forums and more.

http://tinyurl.com/832nco

Jessica
    Microsoft TechNet / Springboard
    v-jedeen@microsoft.com

Thursday, June 04, 2009 4:20 PM