none
OpenROAD 3.5 doesn't run anymore after installation of Windows 10 Update KB4493509 RRS feed

• Question

• In April 2019, Windows 10 found Update KB4493509 and installed it. Since then, OpenROAD 3.5 doesn't run anymore. Every time I click on the scrollbar of a tablefield, "OpenROAD stopped working" appears with error code 0xC0000005.

When I uninstall the update, OpenROAD runs as before. On the next search for updates, KB4493509 is found again and installed. Then OpenROAD again crashes. So there must be something in the update that causes the application to crash. It's a cumulative update, and in March everything went normal, so Microsoft must have changed something between March and April 2019 that causes OpenROAD to crash.

I can see in the debugger that OpenROAD is working on a message, probably a scrollbar message. During this, a NULL pointer is deferenced.

Switching off graphical effects in Windows and starting OpenROAD in compatibility mode Windows 8 / 7 / XP doesn't change anything.

Does anybody have an idea what Microsoft has changed? There is no support anymore for this old OpenROAD version by the developers (which was Computer Associates for version 3.5).

Saturday, June 15, 2019 11:59 AM

All replies