none
Windows PE copype error: The following processor architecture was not found: amd64. Failed ! RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) machine and have deployed ADK for Windows 10.

After trying the copype command, I am getting the below error

Windows PE copype error: The following processor architecture was not found: amd64. Failed !

Can you please guide for the same.

Regards, Swapnil Malpani

Monday, March 21, 2016 12:55 PM

All replies

• You don't have to manually do this with MDT. If you update your  deployment share boot images get created. If you want I can move this to the Win10 forum.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Monday, March 21, 2016 6:35 PM
  • You did NOT answer his question in ANY way.
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 5:11 PM
  • ADK is something MDT uses but, it is a Windows thing.  Why would I answer the question when it is out of scope?

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Friday, February 10, 2017 12:32 AM
  • not necessarily, there is a manual way to create a WinPE instruction provided out there and it requires copype.cmd to be run pointing at the amd64 folder and this no longer works so it would be useful if this behavior is recognized by Microsoft and fixed. 

P.S: I was able to resolve the issue by running "Deployment and Imaging Tools Environment" as administrator. After that copype command worked as supposed to. 

• Proposed as answer by aMc77 Tuesday, August 15, 2017 5:50 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by aMc77 Tuesday, August 15, 2017 5:50 PM
    • Edited by aMc77 Tuesday, August 15, 2017 5:51 PM
    • Proposed as answer by aMc77 Tuesday, August 15, 2017 5:51 PM
    Tuesday, August 15, 2017 5:07 PM
  • I realize this is years old now but as someone who is attempting to do something similar to what you were attempting to do, I appreciate that you actually didn't accept the non-answer and then posted the answer you found!

it's really irritating when you get stuck on something and ask for help and all they do is second guess you instead of actually offering help.  

Monday, December 2, 2019 8:49 PM