none
Store will not open. RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 8 Pro. Every time I try to open the store on my desktop, the splash screen will pop up, and then it immediately closes. This does not happen on my laptop, which is also running Windows 8 Pro. Any ideas on how to fix?
    Sunday, November 4, 2012 9:30 PM

Answers

• Run Windows Update.  That fixed it for me.
    Monday, November 5, 2012 4:19 AM
  • Hi,

It can  be fixed by system refresh:

Enter the Start screen
    Click Control Panel
    Click General on the left column
    Under the Refresh your PC without affecting your files, click Get started

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 9:06 AM

All replies

• Run Windows Update.  That fixed it for me.
    Monday, November 5, 2012 4:19 AM
  • Hi,

It can  be fixed by system refresh:

Enter the Start screen
    Click Control Panel
    Click General on the left column
    Under the Refresh your PC without affecting your files, click Get started

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 9:06 AM
  • Any other possible solutions? I am having the same issue. Initially the Store worked fine, but (for only one profile on the Win8 machine) it now does what 99thRangernick described, showing the splash screen for the store, and then closing.
    I tried running Windows Update, and that did not solve my issue. I am hesitatant do do the System Refresh, and would like to avoid this if possible. I've now seen this issue on two different Windows 8 machines.

• Edited by Chris.ESD Thursday, November 8, 2012 3:16 PM
    Thursday, November 8, 2012 3:12 PM
  • I have found too this can be caused by not completing the update sets. I assumed the updates were finished and tried to access the 8.1 Update in the Windows Store. I had just been in the Windows Store and it worked.

Go to Windows Update in Control Panel (for instance) and finish any remaining updates. You cannot do the Windows 8.1 update until all current updates are done. My last update set was 110.4 MB and was 18 updates. You may think you did all the updates but you may need to restart a few times to finish all. Once all the updates are done you can access the Windows Store and Windows 8.1 Download. The best thing to do is wait until you get the big blue strip that says, "Get Windows 8.1 Free" and click "Go to the store", then click Download.

I have followed this protocol on multiple installs.

Friday, April 25, 2014 9:48 AM