none
How do I recovery a lost local user profile in Windows Vista Business RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

The situation is i have one local user (Logon type as: computername\userA) and this user profile have everythings, like documents, favorite and also email (email using outlook 2007). The computer is join to the domain. I have a "UserA" accout on the domain as well so i want to log on this user by using account on the domain (domain\userA).

In Windows XP Pro, we can make the two user account (domain and local) to log on to the same profile by pointing a profile in the registry. (assign both account to administrator group of local computer).

I want to do the same thing with Windows Vista but i can not. I also lost the old profile (profile of local user). After i changed the registry and restart, i try to log in as userA by using domain account, it create the new profile (UserA.domain). After that i log off and log on as userA of local then it create a temp profile and told me that everything will be lost after i log out. I can not log to the profile that have every documents and mail and also can't find it in windows explorer (C:\User\).

Does Vista absolutely delete my profile without warning? How can i get all of those datas back?

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 3:50 AM