none
SCCM 1810 Express Updates still downloading RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, 

We are having an issue with regards to Express updates for Windows 10 that keep downloading. The previous admin enabled Express updates in SCCM and I have recently unticked the option and have ran a full sync as well as tried the WSUS PowerShell maintenance script but each time I run the ADR it is downloading the Express updates each and every time.

I am not sure what else to try, if someone can please assist it would be appreciated.

I am currently going to update the site to 1906

Thanks

Leon

Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Leon,

Based on your scenario, do you mean that you disable the express updates options in the SUP settings? Did you enable client setting for Express Installation?

If you have turned off express installation in the client settings, please kindly try to clean up meta data by uninstalling the SUP, cleaning up WSUS, and reinstalling the SUP. We can monitor WCM.log to ensure the changes have been detected.

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 18, 2019 7:42 AM
  • Hi Tina, 

Thanks for the reply, yes I have unticked the option as well as in the client settings. I have multiple secondary SUPs on a few DP's so removing the primary would that not make me have to do the same on all the secondaries as well?

Friday, October 18, 2019 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

We only need to uninstall the SUP in the primary site. We can also verify that the express updates option is also unticked in the WSUS.

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 18, 2019 8:54 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? I just checked in to see if there are any updates. Please feel free to feedback and if the reply is helpful, please kindly click “Mark as answer”. It would make the reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.

Thank you for your kindly support.

Best Regards,
    Tina

Monday, October 21, 2019 1:46 AM
  • Hi Tina, 

Apologies for the late reply. I tried removing the Primary SUP and I get the message stating that this is the Primary Sync source and before removing it I need to select another Sync source. I don't have another Primary Sync source so I cannot remove the role to re-install it.

There must be some other way to remove the metadata ?

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 6:52 AM
  • Hi Tina, 

Just something else, I double checked and only setting I have is this

Thursday, October 31, 2019 11:15 AM
  • Hi,

Yes. Please try setting this option to "No".

Best Regards,
    Tina

Friday, November 1, 2019 6:49 AM