none
Dual Boot Windows 8 64 bit with Windows 7 32 bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys. I just bought a HP AMD laptop with windows 8 64-bit operating system pre-installed. I tried installing windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit but get this error: Windows cannot install on this disk. GPT style disk. Please help 
    Monday, December 17, 2012 10:36 PM

Answers

• You'd better contact the HP support and ask if your computer is compatible with Windows 8.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:08 AM

All replies

• 1. I think you will find that Windows 7 32 bit can read from GPT disks but not boot from them so use the 64 bit version.

2. If the 64bit is failing as well, is it a full version (ie not an OEM version tied to a particular motherboard)? (just checking - sorry if the question was too obvious)

Monday, December 17, 2012 10:48 PM
  • Thank you Lorne for the response. The 64 bit version is failing as well with the same error. it is a full version so is the 32 bit win 7 operating system too.

Rosiji Ajayi

Monday, December 17, 2012 10:52 PM
  • You'd better contact the HP support and ask if your computer is compatible with Windows 8.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:08 AM