none
WiFi Connection Sharing? RRS feed

• Question

• So I am currently in the process of trying to use my windows 10 laptop as a mobile hot-spot, or use the shared or bridged connections to enable my Playstation 4 to use my laptops internet. My laptop uses WiFi. Every time i go to share the connection it freezes, stops working, then has a com surrogate error. And when I try to use the mobile hot-spot it just freezes and doesn't give me an error description.  Is what I am trying to do possible, and if so what am I doing wrong?
    Friday, February 16, 2018 10:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please test this issue in Clean boot first to avoid 3rd party conflict to check the results:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/929135

If the program runs correctly, this issue is caused by application or service interferences. Follow How to determine what is causing the issue by performing a clean boot to determine which application or service causes the issue.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/929135#bookmark-what%20is%20causing%20the%20issue

Otherwise, please try steps below to fix this issue:

1. Right click This PC, and select Properties.

2. Click on Advanced System Settings, click the Advanced Tab.

3. In the Performance section, click Settings.

4. Select the "Data Execution Protection" tab, and then click the 'Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select' option.

5. Click the Add button, and then browse to C:\Windows\System32\dllhost.exe.

6. Click open, click  OK on the warning message.

7)   Click Apply/OK.

If this issue still persists, please open Device manager and roll back the Display card and Wireless adapter driver to a previous version to fix this issue.

Example.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 19, 2018 4:16 AM
    Owner