none
EventID 916 - EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT RRS feed

• Question

• The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000

FIX IT!!

Sunday, February 25, 2018 2:15 AM

All replies

• I am not sure we understand your request. Please see this about how to efficiently ask questions in TechNet forums: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/09354cec-f021-4049-9cc7-a7fe4c9d2367/how-to-ask-a-question-efficiently-in-technet-forum?forum=dataprotectionmanager

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Sunday, February 25, 2018 5:22 PM
  • Hi,

I have met some people have same issue about the event id.

You could try the built-in "Feedback" tool to submit the issue on your side.

Also I will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 26, 2018 7:55 AM
  • Agreed, this needs to be fixed. 

svchost (4000,G,0) The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000.  With event id:916

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:31 PM
  • I too am seeing this entry in Even Viewer and it happens at random times and its over and over.

What can we do to stop this message and the occasional hiccup from the event?

Thanks

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:27 PM
  • i gathered some urls from my recent searches:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/can-microsoft-solve-this-annoying-problem/54ac1381-d55d-4b6c-a196-16e770bceddd

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/78abzl/beta_feature_in_windows_update/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3d510985-bbf2-4776-aa41-d1f34d8abbaa/hard-drives-spin-up-from-idle-by-wmiprvseexe-regular-checking-smart-info?forum=win10itprogeneral

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/stumped-win-10-keeps-waking-mech-drives-even-when-marked-offline.18806190/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9054b832-d001-4543-b3b0-bcbb729d5f24/esediskflushconsistency-win10-1709?forum=win10itprogeneral

now please go on and finally do something about it.

• Edited by chripo Saturday, March 31, 2018 11:53 PM fixed last url
    Saturday, March 31, 2018 11:52 PM
  • This error is actually making me cry, has made my whole 4 months of this year not worth living.
    Friday, April 6, 2018 2:19 PM
  • Yep, four months of troubleshooting, reinstalling Windows every few weeks, about to do my sixth reinstall.  MS, your update makes my audio crackle and pop.  I can't make music, play games and watch videos anymore.  Look at this thread of confused users....

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9054b832-d001-4543-b3b0-bcbb729d5f24/esediskflushconsistency-win10-1709?forum=win10itprogeneral

Please fix it soon! 

• Edited by sumtech7 Saturday, April 7, 2018 9:17 PM
    Saturday, April 7, 2018 9:14 PM
  • Same here. I did try everything i found on web. But still crashing my CS:GO (game) consistently. And problem is with the latest W10. There isn't any solution i think. I just want Microsoft to make an announcement ASAP or i hope they will fix it with Spring Creators Update. 

Here is what i did: 

1. Reinstall Nvidia Drivers with DUD. (Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode)
    2. Run SFC and CHKDSK on both C and D. (No problem)
    3. Memtest (No problem) 
    4. Reinstall my Steam and CS:GO (Nothing changed)

I will post here if i find anything. 

Sunday, April 8, 2018 9:16 AM
  • I think i found the solution. Here is what i did since the beginning... 

1. Reinstall Nvidia drivers with DUD (Display driver uninstaller in safe mode)
    2. disabled the Superfetch thru services.msc
    3. Play with computer's power management and set it on high performance. +set everything on "never" so nothing can turn itself off. 
    4. and lastly... I have an ssd for my OS and an hdd for my data. My data drive named D. Go to your Computer and select D, then properties. Then there is 2 checkbox at the below. Untick the second one. I don't know what it is in English. My W10 is Turkish... I couldn't add an image because unverified account. (This makes data reading pretty slow, but you can turn it on after Microsoft release a solution for this.) 

Its been 2 competitive match in CS:GO (almost 3 hours.)  and it didnt crashed. It was crashing 2-3 times in 1 match before this solution. BTW there is still info logs in the event viewer. 

Let me know if this works for you guys. And please mark it as answer if it is so. 

P.S: I don't know which step fixed the issue. I pretty much did all things at the same time and didn't bother to test it. 
    • Edited by Rifat Demir Sunday, April 8, 2018 11:28 AM add extra information.
    Sunday, April 8, 2018 11:27 AM
  • Same we are seeing this on two machines we have.  Hard freezes (comes back after 10-15 min), even the time in the bottom right corner get's stuck on the time it froze, then bam it works, and everything <g class="gr_ gr_267 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="267" id="267">catch</g> up. 

We see the same in the logs just before the freeze and NOTHING get's logged until it unfreezes.

The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000.  Would be willing to post our Event Viewer logs if Microsoft would take this seriously.

Friday, April 13, 2018 2:13 PM
  • Didnt worked for me. Still getting lots of ESENT errors, and applications crashes (videogames) very close to the time of ESENT error....

-.-''

Never happened before latest windows update.

Friday, April 13, 2018 10:44 PM
  • I get this same error a lot while playing games that use unreal engine, needs to be fixed long ago.
    Saturday, April 14, 2018 5:36 PM
  • Hello everyone,

I also have the same problem for some time with Adobe Photoshop CS6.

When I save a photo for the web, I receive a message that an error has occurred. Looking in the Windows Journal I see several ESENT. I did the test by recording a photo with Photoshop CS6 and watched the Windows Journal at the same time. The photoshop error message matches the information in the Windows Journal.

"svchost (7892, G, 0) The EseDiskFlushConsistency Beta feature is enabled in ESENT because of the Beta Site 0x800000 settings."

Well, what are we doing now? Maybe a Microsoft solution I think?

Good day to all !

Good day to all !

Sunday, April 22, 2018 2:39 PM
  • I HAVE THE EXACT SAME ISSUE, FREEZE OCCURS EXACTLY WHEN THIS BLOODY ESENT ERROR SHOWS UP. IT'S 2 MONTHS NOW SINCE MY GAMING IS AFFECTED, ONCE EVERY 20 MINUTES COMPUTER FREEZES. PLEASE I BEG YOU, FIX IT SOON !!!!!!!! A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE AFFECTED WORLDWIDE. DO A GOOGLE SEARCH TO SEE THE NUMEROUS THREADS AROUND. NOBODY KNOWS THE ISSUE.
    Sunday, April 29, 2018 6:36 PM
  • I'm having the exact same error in my logs and it coincides with moments when my computer literally freezes for 1 second. In my case, my log is filled with those. It occurs in average every 15 minutes but sometimes it's way closer like 1-2 minutes and even less.

I can definitively notice the impact of these events when I'm playing a game or doing something intensive on my computer, it will crash certain applications and cause freezing in others.

I want a fix to this, I'm tired of it. Can I deactivate the functionality that uses this? And would this cripple my performances?

Thanks,

EDIT: I have an SSD but the information I find about this event is that it would be 'spinning' the disc which is not applicable in my case. I'm curious, is this a feature for a spinning hard drive that is somehow activated (and not needed) for my SDD?

EDIT2: I will try the troubleshooting of 'Hardware and Devices' and see if it reports anything.

• Edited by Marc Dan Wednesday, May 9, 2018 2:24 PM Attempting MS troubleshooting suggestion - Just noting
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 2:12 PM
  • I ran through the 'Hardware and devices' troubleshooting and although the checks that were performed  reported no issue, Windows requires a reboot as if it had found something or made some changes. How can I find the details to this operation because the provided report is seriously lacking.

Complete troubleshooting report:

Hardware and Devices Publisher details 

Issues found 
    Your PC must be restarted Your PC must be restarted  Detected 
    Restart your PC to finish installing drivers and updates Completed 

Potential issues that were checked 
    Windows Update configured to never install drivers. Issue not present
    Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update. Issue not present  
    Hardware changes might not have been detected. Issue not present  

Issues found Detection details 

6 Your PC must be restarted  Detected 

Restart your PC to finish installing drivers and updates Completed 

Potential issues that were checked Detection details 

Windows Update configured to never install drivers Issue not present  

Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update. 

Hardware changes might not have been detected Issue not present  

Detection details Expand 

Collection information 
    Computer Name: [computer name removed]
    Windows Version: 10.0 
    Architecture: x64 
    Time: 10 May 2018 [time erased]

Publisher details Expand 

Hardware and Devices 
    Find and fix problems with devices and hardware. 
    Package Version: 4.1 
    Publisher: Microsoft Windows 
    Hardware and Devices 
    Find and fix problems with devices and hardware. 
    Package Version: 4.1 
    Publisher: Microsoft Corporation 

EDIT: After rebooting, I ran the troubleshooting for 'Hardware and devices' again but this time it reported that there were no issues found. I will try it this way for a few days and report back.
    • Edited by Marc Dan Thursday, May 10, 2018 2:49 PM
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 2:29 PM
  • Did the 'Hardware and devices' troubleshooting ...resolve the 916 events ?
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 5:17 PM
  • From my read of the numerous people having this issue, I have found that ESENT has something to do with windows search indexing so have removed the majority of locations and rebuilding the index.   I'll let you know if that works magic or is a dud.  
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 5:31 PM
  • Rebuilding the index and limiting the number of items to be searched had no effect.  

Some of the svchost are associated with WPn User Server and notifications ... so disabled notifications to see if I can reduce the number of errors which is now several 100 a day for me.  

I actually went to the event log to diagnose another issue and saw all these messages ... no impact to me (thankfully) but getting so many informational messages about something beta worries me.    Paranoid I guess. 

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 1:29 AM
  • Rifat's solution didn't help in my case.
    I tried to fix it for a few weeks, tried dozens and dozens of things, drivers, services, network, bluetooth, indexing, remove write cache and trim, registry, nothing worked ... until ... I reverted to Windows 1703. No bug in this version, no freezing, just stable. I added something to prevent windows to upgrade its version (google it), and I can now finally use my computer without the constant freezing.
    This is the only solution that worked for me.
    One option I didn't try: change the disk from SSD to HDD, maybe this would have helped?

So, Microsoft: fix this. You introduced this issue in 1709, fix it.

In my case it can be reproduced very easily within one minute.
    My hardware: Z370, I7, SSD, 1070TI.  I have two computers, when I switch the KVM (Aten), I have a freeze of one machine 20% of the time. And the usual event 916 ESENT.

Friday, January 18, 2019 12:14 AM
  • Rifat's solution didn't help in my case.
    I tried to fix it for a few weeks, tried dozens and dozens of things, drivers, services, network, bluetooth, indexing, remove write cache and trim, registry, nothing worked ... until ... I reverted to Windows 1703. No bug in this version, no freezing, just stable. I added something to prevent windows to upgrade its version (google it), and I can now finally use my computer without the constant freezing.
    This is the only solution that worked for me.
    One option I didn't try: change the disk from SSD to HDD, maybe this would have helped?

So, Microsoft: fix this. You introduced this issue in 1709, fix it.

In my case it can be reproduced very easily within one minute.
    My hardware: Z370, I7, SSD, 1070TI.  I have two computers, when I switch the KVM (Aten), I have a freeze of one machine 20% of the time. And the usual event 916 ESENT.

Just FYI, Windows May 2019 Update 1903 Did not Fix it.
    Monday, July 1, 2019 6:41 PM