none
Why Can't Capture media, reach the network share. RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to use capture media created from SCCM, to capture a workgroup reference PC. Media boots to PE fine but fails about 5 mins in, the log indicated it cannot reach the network share. When the task is initially run it is pointed to a network share and given domain admin credentials. Where can I find a log to see why it cannot connect to the share.
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 8:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

1. It is firstly recommended to examine the smsts.log on the target system (please enable the command prompt in your Boot Image).
    Please refer to the following article to export the smsts.log to troubleshoot the task sequence error.
    SCCM: How to copy SMSTS.log when a Task Sequence fails

2. Please make sure you have entered the credentials of a user with read and write permissions to that capture destiantion location.For more information, please refer to:
    How can I capture an image using capture media in ConfigMgr 2012

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:58 AM
  • Hi,

May we know the current status of the question? If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Thanks and regards,
    Simon 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, January 26, 2020 2:35 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if there is any update. We haven't heard from you for a few days and would like to know the current status of the problem. Is the problem solved? Do you need any further assistance? Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
    Simon

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 12:44 PM