none
Cannot download itunes 10.5 with windows 7...receive message "the installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file c:\ProgramData\...

Question

• Has anybody had a similar program. I've been using itunes for years on other computers and cannot get it to download to my laptop. I deleted the itunes I downloaded in august as it wasn't working properly. Now I get the message in my title.  Thanks all!!
    Monday, November 07, 2011 11:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you had this situation during you installed Itunes, please run as administrator to check how it works.

Also, temporarily disable 'User Access Control' in Control panel to see what the result is.

Meanwhile, try to check which file you cannot modify, take the ownership of this file for test:

takeown /f [lostfile]

Takeown

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:00 AM

All replies

• Sir, please check this article : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2058370?start=0&tstart=0

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    Monday, November 07, 2011 11:18 PM
  • Hi,

If you had this situation during you installed Itunes, please run as administrator to check how it works.

Also, temporarily disable 'User Access Control' in Control panel to see what the result is.

Meanwhile, try to check which file you cannot modify, take the ownership of this file for test:

takeown /f [lostfile]

Takeown

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:00 AM