none
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

Question

• I have the screen "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
    To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
    2. Choose your language settings and click next.
    3. Click "repair your computer"

4. Safe Mode
    5. Safe Mode with networking
    6. Safe Mode with Command Prompt
    7. Last known good configuration
    8. Start Windows normally

I've searched already for similar problems, though there seems to be many people with the same problem..nothing seems to work for me.  I cannot get anywhere. all options I chose result at the same screen:

file: windows\system32\drivers\wdf01000.sys

info: windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt.

nothing works. 

I do not have any option to 'repair' as some have suggested in other posts!!

I do not know how to boot from the re installation operating system CD\DVD (when i put the disc in how do I access it?)

the problem doesn't seem to be offering any options..

please help

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 1:44 AM

All replies

• yes i have same problem no solution

please help
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:40 PM
  • Have you tried going into safe mode?

When starting the compuater does it boot up at least and let you go into the bios? If it does then go from there and set it to boot from cd, put in the OS disk and try to re-install windows or the repair option. The only thing I can think of is you put new hardware into your computer and it can't read it try taking out what ever you put in and then boot the computer and see if that works.
    Constantly searching for the "any key" to continue
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:49 PM
  • Hi David ,

Thanks for the answer .

I have tried updating bios and repairing from OS disk but it didnt work. Updating bios did not change anything and repairing cannot find any problems.

I re-install vista 10 times and all of them gives that problem.

I think it is about my hdd because I have another hdd runs vista on it and it works well .
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:39 AM
  • If you can try to use the same OS disk you used on the HD that is in question on a different PC / HD and install it there. If it works flawlessly we know it is the HD. If its buggy try a new OS disk. It still may be new hardware installed on the computer. Example: Bad RAM / fan / any combination of wires. I'm not 110% sure about this but anything is possiable.
    Constantly searching for the "any key" to continue
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 6:24 AM
  • probably you have a bad wiring connection in your house. motherboards require a lot of power to run their components.
    Sunday, August 05, 2012 2:49 AM