First Excel Doc Opened to be at the bottom of the List on the Taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• When I open multiple excel docs and they combine, I would like them listed in the taskbar with the first doc opened to be at the bottom instead of at the top - how can I do this?? 
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 1:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Which Windows operation system are you using?

According to your description, my understand is that you want to the first opened file on the bottom not the top of taskbar. Is it right? I tested with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, see this image.

Unfortunately, the first opened file always on the top, it is controlled by Windows operation system, not Office program. We could not change it now.

If I misunderstand something, please feel free let us know.

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

• Marked as answer by George123345 Tuesday, October 21, 2014 4:54 AM
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 6:18 AM

All replies

• Re:  excel docs and they combine

Uncheck the "Group similar taskbar buttons" checkbox.
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 3:19 PM
  • Hi,

Which Windows operation system are you using?

According to your description, my understand is that you want to the first opened file on the bottom not the top of taskbar. Is it right? I tested with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, see this image.

Unfortunately, the first opened file always on the top, it is controlled by Windows operation system, not Office program. We could not change it now.

If I misunderstand something, please feel free let us know.

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

• Marked as answer by George123345 Tuesday, October 21, 2014 4:54 AM
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 6:18 AM