none
Autoruns priviliges RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all.

My question is:

I like putting Sysinternals' Autoruns and Process explorer (procexp) in the System32 folder so I can open them by typing autoruns or procexp to open each app. However, when Autoruns is opened in this manner, it does not have any priviliges, it couldn't even disable an app from starting at boot! The only way it would work is if I went to the System32 folder, and ran the app as admin. How can I fix this so I can just type autoruns in the run box and it would ahve the correct priviliges?
    - JoelbX
    Monday, July 13, 2009 10:46 PM

Answers

• The File menu in Autoruns has the option to restart the application with full adminsitrator rights.

In Process Explorere there is "Show Details for All Processes" in the File menu which does the same thing.

Otherwise you can start the command prompt you use to start Autoruns as Administrator.

Ray
    • Marked as answer by JoelbX Tuesday, July 14, 2009 3:59 PM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:01 PM

All replies

• The File menu in Autoruns has the option to restart the application with full adminsitrator rights.

In Process Explorere there is "Show Details for All Processes" in the File menu which does the same thing.

Otherwise you can start the command prompt you use to start Autoruns as Administrator.

Ray
    • Marked as answer by JoelbX Tuesday, July 14, 2009 3:59 PM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:01 PM
  • Thank you so much!

- JoelbX
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 3:59 PM