none
task scheduler issue caused by AVG

Question

• I tried AVG pc tuneup on a trial basis. I didn't like it, deleted it, and it has blocked my manual use of disk defragmenter. The task scheduler file is totally corrupted. AVG will fix it, but for a price. You can't speak to an American, and no one will answer at the corporate offices in CA. Can anyone help me with this issue?
    Tuesday, June 28, 2016 8:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Rob,

Based on your description, this issue is caused by AVG pc tuneup application, right?

According to my research, AVG pc tuneup is a third application provided by AVG. For third party issue, it is recommend to contact AVG support for help, we do not know their product's working mechanisms.

But considering it is not free, here is something we can do it for you, hope it is helpful.
    " it has blocked my manual use of disk defragmenter. The task scheduler file is totally corrupted"
    You system components could be already corrupted, we could run the "sfc /scannow" command to automatically scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files.
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/929833

If the system components cannot be fixed using this command, we could perform a system restore to recover the machine to a previous normal point if it is possible.

Best regards

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 2:50 AM