none
No incoming email sound in Outlook 2007

Question

•  

Have just upgraded to Office Standard which includes Outlook 2007. Have set a wav file to inform me of incoming mail.

Mainly so I can hear it from another room. But no sound does it make, have obviously checked the settings and tested it in the settings part of the setup and it sounds fine. Am using AVG antivirus and have turned it off to check if that was causing a problem but no difference. Using full copy of Counterspy and Zonealarm firewall.

Any ideas you experts out there. And yes have all the latest updates and set to auto.

Regards Cliff

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 9:00 AM

Answers

• Here is the solution: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP100807321033.aspx

When you do this, Outlook will tell you that office sounds are not installed and will take you to the download page if you choose.

Validation is required as this feature is only available to genuine/ licensed office users.

I'm surprised that there is no separate sound package for Office 2007 and even if you are using Office 2007, it will download the Office XP/2003 Add-in: Office Sounds.

May be someone from Microsoft can throw light on why it is so.

Aefroze

Saturday, December 22, 2007 6:28 AM

All replies

• Have same problem, did you find a fix?

Regards

Friday, December 07, 2007 10:20 PM
  • Here is the solution: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP100807321033.aspx

When you do this, Outlook will tell you that office sounds are not installed and will take you to the download page if you choose.

Validation is required as this feature is only available to genuine/ licensed office users.

I'm surprised that there is no separate sound package for Office 2007 and even if you are using Office 2007, it will download the Office XP/2003 Add-in: Office Sounds.

May be someone from Microsoft can throw light on why it is so.

Aefroze

Saturday, December 22, 2007 6:28 AM