none
About Hp Compaq nc6000 series drivers on Windows7?

Question

• i installed windows 7 on my laptop hp compaq nc6000.it works normal but i cant find drivers for windows 7. i cant connect internet,i cant hear sound because there is no drivers.what can i do?
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:13 PM

Answers

• HP only supported that computer to Win XP with drivers.
    Enter into device manager and identify the devices. Start with the network adapter. If you can get a network connection Win 7 updates may find drivers for the rest.

Respond back with the information for the network adapter and we'll try to find a driver.

It should be a broadcom 57xx for the wired adapter. Identify the last two digits and get a driver from here.

The problem with troubleshooting is that trouble shoots back.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:56 PM

All replies

• HP only supported that computer to Win XP with drivers.
    Enter into device manager and identify the devices. Start with the network adapter. If you can get a network connection Win 7 updates may find drivers for the rest.

Respond back with the information for the network adapter and we'll try to find a driver.

It should be a broadcom 57xx for the wired adapter. Identify the last two digits and get a driver from here.

The problem with troubleshooting is that trouble shoots back.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:56 PM
  • My nc6000 notebook features is

processor:Intel pentium M processor 1.70 600 MHz
    memory:1024mb
    mainboard:Hewlett-Packard 0890
    Video card:ATI mobility raedon 9600 series
    Wirless:Intel Pro/wirless 2200BGn Network Connection
    HP WLAN W400-W500
    Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet
    ADI Soundmax Audio
    Texas Instruments PCI 6xx07xx0 Cardbus
    Agere Systems AC'97 Modem
    O2Micro SmartCardBus Reader
    Bluetooth by Hp
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 11:20 AM
  • Here's a method from Broadcom to get the specific hardware id. here. Or just try the Vista driver from here. You didn't say if you installed the 32-bit or 64-bit OS. Get the correct one.

The 2200bg wireless is not supported by Intel for Win 7. You could try the Vista drivers from Intel here.

Download them to removable storage CD or thumb drive and connect and install on the laptop.

Again, get the wired ethernet connection working or the wireless and then let Windows update find drivers for the other hardware.

Good Luck!

ASUS P4PE-P4 Extreme 3.4gHz-2gb G.Skill PC3200-XPSP3:55gb-Win7RC:17gb-DATA:500gb-ASUS N6800GT
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 11:52 AM
  • hi. i have nc6000 too. you can use orginal driver that is for xp, jsut use them and your wireless will work''

Friday, September 04, 2009 5:12 AM
  • yes,I have nc6000 too, everything is ok except wlan(HP WLAN W400-W500).Where can I get the Wlan driver?
    Wednesday, October 07, 2009 9:27 AM
  • hi. i have nc6000 too. you can use orginal driver that is for xp, jsut use them and your wireless will work''

As you can see from king2009's post, use the XP driver which worked. You would to go to the HP site for support, drivers and downloads, model #, go.

Here is the link anyway. NC6000. Download the XP driver for the W400-W500 and install it.

What is the result?
    Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:22 AM
  • I had try it. but I can not use xp wlan driver work on windows7.

Thursday, October 08, 2009 4:37 AM
  • Install it in compatibility mode. Method here. If you have a wireless on/off switch or button, ensure that the power for wireless is on when installing the drivers.
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 10:01 AM
  • Thank you. But it still not work. Compatibility Mode work windows vista fine. but can not work on windows 7.
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 10:05 AM
  • hongbo.yin,
    If the driver works with Vista, then select that OS for the compatibility install. Right click, select troubleshoot program, check worked in previous version, and select an OS where the driver worked.

I can't explain how Kingfisher2009 was able to get it work.

have you tried Start(orb)>type devmgmt.msc in the serch box, select the device manager from programs, expand the network adapter heading, right click the wireless card, select uninstall. Then right click on the computer name at the top and select scan for hardware changes. Let Win 7 try to install the wireless card.

While you are in device manager, right click the wireless card and select properties>details tab>click the drop-down box for hardware id. copy the top line and post it here. Let's identify the card to find a driver.
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 10:40 AM
  • I am sorry, Now I can't check the hardware id, I will post it tonight. please wait. and thank your help.
    Friday, October 09, 2009 3:09 AM
  • The hardware id is PCI/VEN_168C&DEV_0013&SUBSYS_00E60E11&REV_01. please help me
    Friday, October 09, 2009 11:25 PM
  • I do not think I can help. It's an Atheros based wireless card using A5211 chip. There simply are no drivers for Vista or beyond. XP only.  If installing the XP drivers in compatibility mode does not work, you will have to replace the mini-PCI wireless card. An Intel 2915 would work-non-IBM version (Dell, etc.) with Vista driver.

One more try. Download and install the client utility here  in compatibility mode, select XP SP1. Then install the drivers again in the same manner. It seems these two work together. The client utility may be the solution.

How to install device drivers in compatibility mode

Well, some hardware just won't work with newer OS.

Let me know the result.
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 4:07 AM
  • Than you help. But I still can't install the driver by compatibility mode. Now I setup it back to xp pro. I give up. and other nc6000 user could try it again.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:15 AM
  • hongbo.yin,
    You can get an Intel 2915 mini-pci wireless card on eBay for $9 to $18 US. A couple of screws and open access cover, switch out and you'll be ready. Better wireless card.

If all of the other hardware functioned correctly, then that is all that is preventing you from updating the operating system. Windows 7 ran very well on it, correct?

Searches turned up this same wireless driver problem for this Atheros based device many times.

Sorry we couldn't get it running.

Best Regards.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:59 AM
  • Hi,
    Try this modded driver for Win7  here .

Remember to uninstall first all installed earlier drivers for it before installation this new one and reboot Your system.
    Point this new drivers and again restart Your system. That's all.

If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

If Your problem is solved please mark then Your thread is with solution.

Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:22 AM
  • Daniel Potyrala,
    What is the source of this driver? Is it a modded file? You have this working on the NC6000?

The link you provided requires a user sign-in. Would you place the driver in your SkyDrive Public folder and provide a link.

Thanks!
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 10:10 AM
  • Check now. I'm not the author of this driver and yes it's modded it should work under Vista and Win7.
    It was tested by me many times on other models and reported as working. You may check ini file.

If You want to say thanks to anyone just click on Vote As Helpful (which is under every user avatar).

Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:27 PM
  • I really appreciate your help, and the driver can work my nc6000 well done. Thank you
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:16 AM
  • Daniel Potyrala,
    Would this driver work on the Atheros based PCI wireless cards for desktops?
    That issue is popping up here in the forum also.
    Thanks. 
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 12:26 PM
  • If You may post here links to threads with this problem.
    Before I will write something about it I must check some things.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:37 AM
  • This binary file worked in my nc6000. I was able to configure my wireless adapter successfully. Thank you Daniel!!
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 4:36 AM
  • I have HP NC6000, just connect it with lan cable to internet and run windows update. You'll receive wireless drivers from Microsoft through windows update. Easy as that.

Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:45 PM
  • if you installed windows xp before you will find a folder named swsetup in driver c: take this folder as drivers for windwos 7

go to device manager of windwos 7 and update each driver and choose {browse} and point to this folder you will see windwos 7 has all its derivers

if you find any problems about that send me demmahom_98@hotmail.com

• Edited by Mohammed Kamel Wednesday, September 07, 2011 11:47 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Mohammed Kamel Wednesday, September 07, 2011 11:48 PM
    Wednesday, September 07, 2011 11:46 PM