none
HD problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi dear;

I reinstalled win 7; when I checked my hard ware partation, one of them gives me: D:\ is not accessible and view me that is: NTFS.

The HD partation was working normally before I reinstalled the win 7

Could you please tell me how I can let the HD working again. 

Thank you for your help and advice.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 6:09 AM

Answers

• Hi khaldoun ajek

You can enable admin account, then login. If still show “access denied”, you can try to take ownership of Drive D.

1. right click the D, then click Properties.

2. Tap or click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click Change.

3. Tap or click Edit. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4. Type the name of the person you want to give ownership to and click Check Names.

5. The person that you’re giving ownership will have their account displayed in the box, click OK.

6. If you want that person to be the owner of files and subfolders in this folder, select the Replace owner on sub containers and objects check box.

7. Click OK.

In addition, If you have ever used Bit locker to lock your Drive D. You can try to unlock it in control panel.

• Marked as answer by khaldoun ajek Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:29 PM
    Wednesday, May 8, 2013 9:39 AM

All replies

• That may be the system partition.  How large is it?
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 3:26 PM
  • Hello my dear and thank you for replying.

This partition is not a system one.

Computer's HD separate to 4 parts, each one is 75 GB except the C: 150 GB.

When I installed win7 I did a format to C.

The D partition is denied.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:55 PM
  • Hi khaldoun ajek

You can enable admin account, then login. If still show “access denied”, you can try to take ownership of Drive D.

1. right click the D, then click Properties.

2. Tap or click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click Change.

3. Tap or click Edit. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4. Type the name of the person you want to give ownership to and click Check Names.

5. The person that you’re giving ownership will have their account displayed in the box, click OK.

6. If you want that person to be the owner of files and subfolders in this folder, select the Replace owner on sub containers and objects check box.

7. Click OK.

In addition, If you have ever used Bit locker to lock your Drive D. You can try to unlock it in control panel.

• Marked as answer by khaldoun ajek Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:29 PM
    Wednesday, May 8, 2013 9:39 AM
  • Hi Roger Lu.

Thank you for huge information which you provided.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:26 PM
  • Hi Roger Lu.

Thank you very much for huge information that you provided.

Best Regards

Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:36 PM