none
Data Error (cyclic Redundancy Check) RRS feed

• Question

• I Have an Iomega HDD external Hard drive I've had a year now and it worked perfectly till about a week ago. Suddenly It started asking me to format it and when I click cancel it would give an error saying "Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)" I tried doing all i could find on the wed with chkdsk etc.

it still doesn't work it's needless to say that I have extremely important files and pictures on this drive and the last thing I want is to format it and lose everything I have. 

I have tried using recovery software in order to transfer all the data to another location but they can't access the drive due to the same error.

I'm using Windows 7 if it helps in any way thank you.

Please Help Me.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 10:20 PM

All replies

• You might get more help if you posted this in the win 7 section rather than Vista.

have you tried carefully cleaning out the drive with compressed air?

MS-MVP 2010, 2011, 2012 Sysnative.com Team ZigZag

Sunday, September 16, 2012 8:40 AM
  • Wel in cmd it would be CHKDSK D: /F  D: being the HD,but to chk it's settings,in run type: diskmgmt.msc  in msc,L.

click on the drive,go up to Actions/All/locate Make Active,close out msc restart pc.

Also,in Win Vista & above OS,most have Storage controller service,Win 7 use Intel Matrix Storage Manager,if you run Intel hardware..

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 2:46 AM