none
troubleshooting RRS feed

• Question

• hi i have a probelm with my troubleshooting on my comutuer

all was going fine until i noticed that none of my troubleshooting wizard was working and i kept trying and it says and unexpected error has occurred

i have no clue what to do and it says this 0x80070002 as error code

please help asap

thanks Nathan

also when ever i start up my commuter and type in this password it always says something icon has stopped working 

and when i try opening a file such as dvd media soft it says windows has occurred a problem and is trying to find a solution but nothing happens and i cant open it

Monday, March 4, 2013 1:19 AM

Answers

• Please bypass step 2 and finish the rest suggestions.

Meanwhile, please disable and enable .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows Feature.
    a. Click Start, type windows feature in the search box, select turn windows features on or off.
    b. Open .NET Framework Features, clear the option for .NET Framework 3.5.1.
    c. Restart the computer, check the option back.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 2:28 AM

All replies

• Hi there, it seems like your computer became unstable due to some kind of virus, or hard disk errors.

My suggestions for you are: 1. list the C:\Windows\Diagnostics\System folder contents to see if there are any troubleshooters packs are present there. You can also try to overwrite contents of the folder with the same from working windows machine.

2. Press "Start" button and type perfmon /rel. It will open Reliability Monitor for last 6 weeks and, perhaps, you will be able to see any related system events to your problem (driver installs, system crashes etc.)

3. You can try to restore system using "System Restore" Windows Tool:  Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore

4. Finally, if nothing helps you, try to open elevated command prompt and type:    sfc /SCANNOW. This built-in tool can help you to restore some system files.

5. Do not forget to scan your computer for viruses after all steps are done.

Best regards.

Monday, March 4, 2013 8:48 AM
  • hey but when i tried #2 its said the parameter is incorrect
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:24 AM
  • Please bypass step 2 and finish the rest suggestions.

Meanwhile, please disable and enable .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows Feature.
    a. Click Start, type windows feature in the search box, select turn windows features on or off.
    b. Open .NET Framework Features, clear the option for .NET Framework 3.5.1.
    c. Restart the computer, check the option back.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 2:28 AM