none
My Avoton motherboard bricked, can I recover the installation and RAID5 arrays? RRS feed

• Question

• My Avoton C2750 B0 stepping processor for my NAS died (known issue from Intel, they're all ticking time bombs, which they didn't bother to inform me of), so I bought a different Intel board.  On the Windows 10 install, I had 2 software RAID 5 arrays I made in Windows.  Can I get them back?
    Saturday, October 19, 2019 10:05 PM

All replies

• If you are moving spanned, striped, mirrored, or RAID-5 volumes, it is highly recommended that you move all disks containing the volume together. Otherwise, the volumes on the disks cannot be brought online and will not be accessible except to delete them.

You may be able to boot it if you reconstruct the array in the RAID BIOS, but don't reinitialize it. Make sure you have a good backup before doing this.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Saturday, October 19, 2019 11:13 PM
  • After replace the board, connect all your disks to the new board, consider them as the data drives to see if you could assess to them again. You need corresponding RAID driver.

Also look at this thread:

How to fix "dead" dual BIOS motherboard if flashing failed

https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/33904-fix-dead-dual-bios-motherboard-flashing-failed-4.html

The OP of the thread is detailing how to start the second BIOS on motherboard.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If still can’t see them, your best bet is asking for help from data recovery company.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 6:30 AM