diskpart failed to clear disk attributes in windows 8 crashed on reset

Question

• i install dual boot win 7 & windows 8 consumer preview and then upgrated to win 8 release preview. after 2 month later on my it showed some problem then i used reset button, unfortunately due to power failure it was crashed again i tried  to install win 8 but it did not installed and displayed massage "we couldn't install win 8 in location you chose error 0*80300001, next error 0*80070450, etc then i used diskpart  command but diskpart failed to clear disk attributes readonly. the detail disk shows following information:

WDC WD2500BEVT-22ZCT0

Disk ID:00000000

TYPE :SATA

PATH:0

TARGET:0

CURRENT READONLY STATE:NO

READONLY:NO

BOOT DISK:NO 

There no volume

please help me if possible.

• Edited by RK_Rijal Friday, August 10, 2012 8:35 PM
    • Moved by Vincent Hu Monday, August 13, 2012 1:15 AM (From:High Availability (Clustering))
    Friday, August 10, 2012 8:12 PM

Answers

• I suspect that the disk is damaged. You may need to contact the manufacturer to retrive your data and then fix the hardware issue.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, August 13, 2012 7:26 AM

All replies

• This is a Server forum for discussions on Windows Clusters.

You might get some help in Windows 8 Installation, Setup, and Deployment forum. I would suggest you to post your question over there.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itproinstall/threads

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

- .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....

Sunday, August 12, 2012 8:47 AM
  • I suspect that the disk is damaged. You may need to contact the manufacturer to retrive your data and then fix the hardware issue.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, August 13, 2012 7:26 AM