none
SCCM can't download Defender Definition updates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I was trying to configure SCCM server which will be managing Windows Defender. For some reason the Definition files are not visible neither in the SCCM console nor the WSUS server. All other type of engine updates for Defender are there but I can't find the Definition Updates (even when I search with their new name Security Intelligence Update). I have a configured Automatic Deployment Rule which searches for Classification "Definition Updates" for Windows Defender but can't find any. I sync'ed many times already between SCCM and WSUS but nothing appears in the Software Updates.

Any suggestions where could be the problem?

Thanks.

Monday, November 18, 2019 8:00 PM

All replies

• Have you validated that you have Windows Defender selected as a product and Definition Updates is selected as a classification in your site's SUP component configuration?

Have you initiated a full update sync after validating these?

Have you reviewed wsyncmgr.log?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Monday, November 18, 2019 9:25 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please advise what is your SCCM version?

To synchronize Endpoint Protection definition updates in Configuration Manager, we need to select following products:

•For Windows 8.1 and earlier, on the Products tab of the Software Update Point Component Properties dialog box, select the Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 check box.

•For Windows 10 and later, on the Products tab of the Software Update Point Component Properties dialog box, select the Windows Defender check boxes.

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? I just checked in to see if there are any updates. Please feel free to feedback and if the reply is helpful, please kindly click “Mark as answer”. It would make the reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.

Thank you for your kindly support.

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 22, 2019 7:07 AM